Senior Agile CoachAmsterdam
We are looking for an Agile Coach who can further shape the Agile Way of Working and culture. You are a natural and passionate motivator who helps people to get the best out of themselves, and makes working enjoyable for everybody.
The department is taking steps towards a new organization that operates entirely in accordance with the Agile philosophy of Working to further improve the services.
You are a natural and passionate motivator who helps people to get the best out of themselves.
You support the organization in building an environment with focus on continuous improvement where everyone’s common goal is to deliver and maintain outstanding products, striving for high-performing squads and Tribes.
Trust is an important basis. You are strongly focused on interaction, you connect people and clear communication is key for you. You are convincing in your performance and creative in your solutions. You know how to simplify complex issues and giving and receiving constructive feedback is a natural habit for you.
As an Agile Coach your main goal is to coach the Tribe Leads, IT Area Lead, Chapter Leads, Chief Product Owners, PO’s, Squads and all other relevant roles within Tribes and Squads improving their Agile skills and behaviour while introducing Agile Way of Working.
You lead the desired culture change to create a maximum performance in every respect in order to deliver efficient and effective business value to our stakeholders (internal clients).
Your responsibility is to train the Tribes, Squads and Chapters and coach them on a consistent and proper application of the principles of Agile.
You continuously coach and challenge them to improve their way of working. Lead Problem solving sessions to support squads to solve impediments in a structured manner.
You will create and maintain customized Agile Training material for your entire Tribe, conduct boot camps to on-board new squads.
ou will facilitate Tribe offsites, hackathons, etc and ensure effective results from the stated objectives of such events.
You will help Tribes and its Squads define their Purpose and translate them into achievable goals.
You will set mechanisms to monitor KPIs for a Tribe.
You will perform Agile Maturity Assessments for Tribes and Squads using the standard Agile Assessment framework, identify gaps and ensure continuous improvements.
You will create collaboration mechanisms between all the Squads, PO, Chapter Leads within a Tribe to ensure alignment between respective stakeholders.
You will mentor the POs, Scrum Masters to be self-sustaining in aligning Squads and Chapters, and in their interactions with their stakeholders.
You identify bottlenecks in the processes, and in the collaboration of squads.
You provide methods to solve these problems. You have an exemplary role in dealing with feedback and making sure the Tribe and Squad members have the courage to give feedback proactively by enhancing a safe atmosphere.
Besides that you are present in reviews, retrospectives, stand-up meetings, planning sessions and other meetings, to coach the squad to further improve performance.
You will conduct and facilitate Tribe events such as Quarterly Business Review (QBR), Portfolio meetings, Scrum of Scrums, etc that they are understood and properly managed.
You will work with multiple Squads / Chapters and ensure that the processes are in place to perform the roles effectively.
In addition, you coach the Tribe Lead, IT Area Lead, Chapter Leads on Agile Leadership and you stimulate a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
You are aware of the latest developments and trends with regard to Lean, Agile, Change management and Coaching.
You translate this to practical solutions, tooling and ways of working.
You setup a mechanism for knowledge management within a Tribe and also share experiences, knowledge and information with other Agile Coaches.
- At minimum HBO/WO or comparable working and thinking level
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methods and expert in Lean
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Preference technical background (Engineer)
- Experience in coaching of Squads and Chapters within a Tribe
- Certified Scrum Master (Advanced) and Certified PO
- Training-, coaching and change management experience
- Expertise in atleast one Agile ALM tool such as SNOW, JIRA, etc
- You have a strong personality and excellent people management skills: listening, motivating, observing, convincing and tenacious
- You are good at group dynamics and coaching, stimulating behaviour change in Tribes and Squads
- You cooperate, show courage, take responsibility, actively seek for help and feedback and dare to give feedback
- You excel in commitment and integrity and thereby are a trusted person for the squads
- You have sharp analytical skills and you are able to investigate complex problems and you are driven to simplify
- You focus on fact-based understanding of situations and are results-oriented
- You have experience in building high-performance Tribes, Squads and Chapters
- Knowledge of Risk is considered an asset
- You are fluent both in Dutch and in English