Ops Engineer (CD, Linux, Database)Leeuwarden
We are looking for an Ops Engineer, who is creative, vigorous, is able to own the stack and loves to be part of our team that is building an incredible cool data masking solution.
The department offers data masking capability to ensure safe testing environments compliant with the GDPR while also offering high quality test data. The process of data masking involves the Extraction, Transformation and Load of large amounts of data. Ultra currently develops and maintains a java based batch application and uses database technologies to offer this capability.
Currently the focus of the department is to create a very secure solution that will be able to anonymize the entire production of NL in a limited time frame. The squads will configure their masking rules in our Self Service Portal and the masking will be done automatically via the most efficient way.
You will help us to maintain the stack, help us with handling the risk controls and make sure the masking can be done in the give timelines by improving .
The department consists of dev engineers, ops engineers and a product owner. As a team we are end-to-end responsible for the masking products that you are working on. We own the stack and the product!
Your main tasks will be
• You coordinate and regulate the installation, stability and monitoring of (D) -T-A-P environments.
• You coordinate, and ensure, all risk controls are at par so we can continuously deploy our software.
• You give advice on, coordinate, and implement life cycle management activities
• You ensure an efficient and effective handling incident -, configuration -, change management within your team.
You will also be
• Participating in maintaining the Operational Control Dashboard.
• Participating actively in the Scrum process and in Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices. You will play a positive role with your DevOps team growing the experience and knowledge within your team.
Knowledge of and experience (must have)
• Proven track-record as a DevOps Engineer, 3+ years of experience in a Continuous Delivery environment
• Strong knowledge of Linux (RHEL) and tools
• Strong Database knowledge (Oracle O.E.M., SQLPlus, SQLServer, Database tuning)
• Skilled in scripting (e.g. Bash)
• Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known tools in this area (Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Seyren, etc.)
• Drive to ‘Automate everything’.
Knowledge of and experience (nice to have)
• Knowledge of Ansible
• Knowledge of DB2 (Z/oS and LUW)
• Knowledge of DevOps tools, for example: (Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube, GitLab, Artifactory, ELK stack)
• Experience in working on a Z/OS mainframe environment.
• Experience in working with scheduling programs like TWS/d, TWS z/OS, UAC
Competencies – Mind set & Behavior
• Pro-active, willing to take responsibility
• Stands for quality
• Stands for Sprint commitment
• Drive to innovate
• Handle application risk controls in an efficient way, proactively contributing to prevent security and operational risks
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to communicate in an open way, giving feedback and helping your colleagues to improve in both technical and personal perspective.