Senior C# Developer (MS SQL/ETL)Amsterdam
What are we looking for?
Within the team is looking for a Developer to automate monthly financial processes. Most of the automated processes need to be orchestrated by a functional team. Most of the tasks to be automated will be related to ETL flows of finance data, data comparisons, and user acceptance testing.
The Developer needs to be hands-on, has to be capable to understand existing self-developed software and complex data flow structures, and has to be experienced in C# programming and data processing.
Your work environment
To enable a monthly financial forecasting processes and to support stress tests, the ALM platform has been set up. The ALM platform consists of a Data Staging Area built in MS SQL Server and C#. On a monthly basis the Data Staging Area loads financial source data, and extracts, transforms and loads the data into an off-the-shelf application. The off-the-the-shelf application is used by business lines, Financial Risk, Finance and Bank Treasury to calculate and to report on financial forecasts, and stress tests.
Currently, the monthly data load and financial forecast processes require many manual interventions and comparison checks. The objective is to automate many steps, and for each step, grant the right permissions to the right people. Automation of the ALM platform and its development in general has been prioritised by higher management as one of the company most important strategic worldwide objectives. Currently, the ALM platform is being transformed into a group-wide standard to support global and local requirements, and step by step new countries are on-boarded. For the Data Staging Area, this means that data of countries with different financial products needs to be aligned, enriched, transformed and functionality needs to be built to analyse or monitor unexpected differences between data.
Your ALM squad is a BusDevOps team, combining expertise of business, IT Developers and Operations specialists. The squad works according to Agile scrum, which means that work is sliced and planned in sprints. As Developer in the team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning. Together with your squad/team, you are responsible to develop and (re-)design a stable, standardized and well performing ALM platform to deliver business needs. And together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal: have all the offices worldwide use one ALM standard.
- Extensive experience in C# (.Net), applied in multiple projects
- More than 4 years of experience with MS SQL Server and ETL, applied in multiple projects
- Experienced in VB
- A hands-on, and pro-active professional who can keep oversight of complex processes
- You can explain complex matters in a simple way, and are able to slice architecture changes into
steps and can work accordingly
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of
- You are able to peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights
- Experienced in, or at least understanding of the following:
- Large data volumes
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- An Agile/Scrum way of working
- Scripts to automate regression testing
- Finance, market risk management or treasury.
- Fluent in English
- Team player