Sr. Oracle EBS / Fusion Ops EngineerAmsterdam
What are we looking for?
The team is looking for a Senior Operations (OPS) Engineer to technically manage and support Oracle Fusion on premise platform.
Your work environment:
We are a young dynamic team that is in the transition from projects to full maintenance for the Oracle Fusion application. The team exercises Technical and Functional application Maintenance tasks like patching, security, performance and batch monitoring. Fusion is an Oracle application operating on Weblogic and Oracle database positioned on the Oracle EXA platform. We are one of a very few customers of this software worldwide.
The Fusion application is an integral part of the solution. It contains the Fusion Accounting Hub and General Ledger applications. The application translates the 3th party application accounting to our common accounting platform.
Your will be placed in a so-called BusDevOps squad, combining expertise of business, IT and Ops specialists. The team works according to Agile / Scrum, which means that work is sliced and planned in sprints, and as a team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning. Together with your team, you are responsible for supporting a stable, standardized and consistent accounting platform. And together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal: have all our offices worldwide use the common accounting platform.
Responsibilities of the team are:
1st and 2nd line maintenance
Deploying new (clones) instances
Maintain and support customization within the application(s)
Risk management activities
Automate where possible (deployment and testing)
Maintain relation with vendor (strongly vendor dependent)
Cooperate with FIM, know our customer and deliver value
- You have a minimum of 4 years hands-on in operations, application management or infra roles, dealing with Oracle EBS, Oracle Fusion or comparable complex 3-layer architecture with numerous integrations
- A hands-on, and pro-active professional who can keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and delivers results
- You are a team player
- Strong "business sense": you have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand business requests. Doing so, you develop new insights and drive towards actionable results
- You communicate and align with a wide array of global stakeholders in a natural way.
- You are able to peel down technical problems, and explain root causes and work-around instructions to the business.
- You are fluent in English
- In special occasions if the team request you to, you are willing to work or be stand-by outside business hours
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree
Understanding or interested in the following operating systems:
Weblogic Application server
Exposure to Java and/or Python
Basic knowledge on business accounting processes
Oracle EBS / Oracle Fusion
Risk awareness / Operational Risk