Agile Test Automation EngineerLeeuwarden
We are looking for an engineer with experience in how to setup automated testing in an Agile working environment. You will be based in Leeuwarden but occasionally also work from Amsterdam offices.
Our Squads are multi-discipline Squads which means the Squad is overall responsible for the development, operations and maintenance of the applications owned by the Squad.
The Squad we are extending with a new team member is responsible for the business application called ‘ERIS’. ERIS acts as a shared integration layer to connect multiple IT systems and data information flows which support the Collections business process in both The Netherlands and Belgium.
Key for success is that you have a broad view on what tools and technology are available to support software development in Java in an Agile working environment. You not only have hands-on experience with many of these tools but are also able to independently setup and implement automated testing using these tools. As we work as a DevOps team being able to program in Java is a pre.
As a Test Automation Engineer you will focus on setting up and executing test automation in the Continuous Deployment pipeline in such a way that always the right level of testing is done to ensure the quality and availability of the applications. You work closely with other Squads in the Tribe who are using the Integration Platform and take initiative in coordinating any dependency with others.
DevOps Squads are responsible for the development, delivery, operation and maintenance of applications, associated components and interfaces. A DevOps Squad consists of three roles: Product Owner, Development Engineer and Operations Engineer. Collectively, the DevOps team has full responsibility for the Development, Quality Assurance and Operations of their systems.
We operate according to the Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to deliver successful IT solutions. The application world is complex and has many dependencies. We try to simplify this in a fast pace so that current and future changes in our applications can be implemented quickly and efficiently. Our focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build or decommission.
We believe that business value is delivered by Agile top Engineers working together in high performing DevOps teams, according to the Scrum framework. We are looking for true team-players that are technically passionate, proud of their craft, solution-focused and broadly developed (able to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions for our customers).
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
- You have a broad experience with testing and test-automation in an Agile working environment.
- You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You teach, coach and train our colleagues, you share knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and user-stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are able to determine the impact of certain choices.
- Track record of setting up automated testing in an Agile working environment.
- Broad experience in IT software development.
- Experience in continuous testing environments.
- Experience with automated test tools (ex. UFT, Selenium, Pilot, Protractor, Cucumber etc).
- Experience identifying gaps in test coverage.
- Foundation Certification in Software Testing (ISTQB and/or T-Map).
- Experience in financial environment
- Java programming
- Knowledge about Ansible, Maven, GIT, Jenkins
- Positive attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Innovative and out-of-the-box solution thinking
- Good social and communication skills
- Educational /coaching skills
- Dutch and English speaking and writing skills
- Sense of humor