IT DevOps Engineer (Java/Linux)Leeuwarden
For our Document Management teams we are looking for a creative, passionate IT engineer. The Document Management department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all applications with regard to document composition, print management, scanning / data capture and archiving. We are working with state of the art software packages.
As part of a development team you will have a crucial role in managing high volume communication for our customers. You will be responsible for developing and supporting applications/tools for our business partners with 7*24 availability. You will contribute to the team’s strategy of rolling upgrades and maintaining performance, availability, monitoring, security and Continuous Delivery pipeline. Together with other Ops and Dev Engineers in your team you will work according to the Scrum methodology.
You and 8 other enthusiastic professional colleagues will work together in a DevOps team in Leeuwarden (The Netherlands). Delivering a generic service, it’s important that you are proactive and be focused on delivering a continuously improvement of the customer experience. You have a broad IT Knowledge and based on your expertise and experience you are able to give significant contribution in making the right design choices and coaching the team to perform at a high level. To sharpen your IT Knowledge you are also part of an very active Java Chapter. Within this chapter you can learn from colleague engineers, coach others and together explore new technologies.
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical IT study
- Proficient Java engineer
- Broad experience with frameworks, like Spring and Springboot
- Competent on Maven and Jenkins configuration
- Affinity with Document Management environments
- Working according to the Agile/Scrum method as well as with the DevOps method and ITIL
- Redhat Linux
- Continuous Delivery tooling: Ansible, Jenkins, GIT
- Also, you are fluent in English (both spoken and in writing)
In this function the customer needs should always be taken in consideration. Awareness of the fact that your team is part of a chain of parties that only as a whole can deliver value to our customer.
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility
- Analytic with translation to action plans
- Knowledge of developments in the market IT, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Stands for quality
- Stands for Sprint commitment
- Drive to innovate
- Willing to work in standby shifts outside regular office hours.
- Able to communicate in an open way, giving feedback and helping your colleagues to improve in both technical and personal perspective.