IT Devops Test EngineerLeeuwarden
Affinity with functional testing in a service oriented environment. We are looking for creative, passionate, and all-round IT engineers. The team is responsible for the real-time distribution of all changes to customer data from and to all systems and all countries in which the client is active.
You will be working in a multidisciplinary squad which has the responsibility for the 24*7 operational stability and availability of critical applications on the D-T-A-P environment. You will have a major role in performing functional tests on those applications in a service-oriented environment (no UI testing), including direct interaction with a database. You will also be involved in analyzing and documenting the requirements of the consuming third parties and translating those to our developers, as well as contributing to risk control.
DevOps squads use the Agile/scrum methodology and Continuous Delivery Engineering practices.
Your main tasks will be:
- Developing and maintaining automated test scripts in a service oriented environment;
- Performing functional and possibly non-functional tests;
- Analyzing requirements and translating those to developers and into test scripts;
- Functional and technical support of consuming parties.
You will also be:
- Maintaining the Operational Control Documentation;
- Maintaining the CMDB;
- Participating actively in the Scrum process and in Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices;
- Participating actively in a Chapter.
Knowledge of and experience:
- Working according to the Agile/scrum methodology as well as with the DevOps method;
- At least 3 years of experience as test engineer is required;
- Testingtools, especially RIT (Loadrunner, SoapUI, Cucumber speaks in your favour);
- Knowledge of request/reply and fire/forget patterns;
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Experience with Continuous Delivery tooling (e.g. Maven, Nolio, Jenkins, GIT) speaks in your favour;
- Experience with Chain Monitoring environment (Logstash, Kibana, Grafana) speaks in your favour;
- Knowledge of Java, Tibco, EMS, Kafka speaks in your favour.
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and in writing. Speaking and writing Dutch speaks in your favour;
- Able to communicate in an open way (being honest and prudent), giving feedback, and helping your colleagues to improve in both technical and personal perspective;
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility;
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical IT study or a comparable education;
- Analytic with translation to action plan;
- Knowledge of developments in the market;
- Stands for quality;
- Stands for Sprint commitment;
- Drive to innovate;
The working location is Leeuwarden, but you must be prepared to incidentally travel to Amsterdam.