Unix Administrator (shell scripting)Amsterdam
You will work in a DevOps team playing the primary role as an Ops Engineer. You should also be able to and willing to perform other Dev engineer roles ensuring continuity and cohesion in the maintenance of the applications under your responsibility. This covers among others:
- The resolution of incidents (Level 3 support), Application Life cycle management and Release management.
- Coordination and execution of installations and uninstallations.
- Application tuning and monitoring.
- Coaching and information about the IT systems and procedures. This also includes documentation and knowledge management: ensuring that the applicative documentation is up to date; making sure that sufficient knowledge of the application is available in the team.
- Giving advice for new projects. This covers solution proposals, workload estimations, integration of solutions in the process of maintenance and releases and close Collaboration with System Engineering at architectural level.
- Overseeing compliance with security standards.
- On call support of the application during the office hours.
- Supporting transition and integration of project outcomes to the standing organization. This also includes validating and accepting the changes that were executed by the project team. You assess the maturity of the projects and its release deliverable(s)
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in IT (or similar level based on experience).
- 2 years’ work experience in an operational IT environment.
- Hands on experience on Unix administration and shell scripting.
- Knowledge on basic Java and basic Application Servers (JEE).
- Knowledge on Security, Certificates management, PKI is an asset.
- Knowledge on software version control and tools management is an asset.
- Experience in working in Agile / Scrum methodology is an asset
- An excellent written and spoken knowledge of English; knowledge of Dutch is an asset
We are looking for someone who is:
- Well organised: you work out detailed action plans how to reach your goal, taking into account the constraints and priorities
- A team player and you enjoy working in a dynamic team
- Result-oriented and efficient
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Has good analytical and troubleshooting skills and willingness to learn
- Able to play multi-functional roles (DevOps team)
While maintaining the current stack is the start of your role, you will be free and very welcome to bring improvements in all parts of the chain; whether it is test automation, monitoring, containerization or other areas!