Senior Java DevOps EngineerAmsterdam
We are is looking for a DevOps Engineer to design & develop daily customer journeys front-to-back.
The squad you will be working in consists of DevOps, Security, Infra and Business expertise, making the squad end-to-end responsible for a customer journey or product. This is also called the adaptation of the ‘Spotify’ model.
The squad is responsible for processes that enable our retail customers to open any kind of payment account. These processes are available in our branches, our service points and on Internet.
DevOps Engineers in the squad develop all new software components necessary to support the processes, bring them live for our customers, and maintain components that are already in use. Our software consists of front-end components in AngularJS and Polymer, and back-end components in Java.
To support the development of our APIs we use Baker, an open source API orchestration framework developed.
You will be working on developing new and improving existing Java APIs.
In a sprint of 2 weeks you will be executing one or more of the following tasks:
- Make new or modify existing components, and make unit tests
- Specify functional tests
- Execute functional tests
- Specify performance tests
- Execute performance tests
- Implement logging and monitoring
- Besides executing tasks in a sprint you will actively participate in the scrum process during standups, refinements, retrospectives and planning. Together with the squad you will also work on improving the teamperformance and delivery.
- >5 years experience as a software developer in Java
- Familiar with Agile development (Scrum, Kanban)
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Has worked in a multidisciplinary team
- Has worked in both Dev and Ops roles
- Other languages like Scala & Kotlin
- Experience with CI/CD and related tooling (e.g. github/gitlab, TFS, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible)
- Operations/monitoring solutions (e.g. ELK stack, Open Tracing, alerting solutions)
- Infrastructure (e.g. RHEL, Docker, K8s, Public cloud)