Lead Java Developer (CI/CD)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Lead Java Developer (CI/CD).
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to strengthen the squad that delivers the new global solution. If you want to work at a place where you are in charge of systems impacting our customers, where investing in the automation of provisioning and monitoring never stops, and where we are building a team of top-notch Dev Engineers that can take on the challenges of designing and developing applications, please read on!
Your work environment:
The Java Developer delivers business value across the entire end-to-end application chain together with the squad. With the help of the Agile methodologies, you will support us by delivering and maintaining quality products to our customers.
Your role and key responsibilities:
Typical Java Developer tasks are analysis, design, building code or configuring a 3rd party software package, deploying, testing and driving Continuous Integration and Delivery improvements.
The Java Developer ensures delivery across the end-to-end application chain. He/she understands the complete stack from application to hardware. He/she understands the detailed workflow of the application, expected transactional volumes, the detailed technical behaviour of application servers and databases and the importance of maintaining a high security profile, safeguarding the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of our data and information assets.
The activities, performed by a Java Developer in a Squad, depends on the type of software solution, i.e. own built (API) software versus 3rd party software package. As an engineer you are enthusiastic about acquiring and transferring knowledge to others.
For this function we look for a proficient engineer that can take a leading role in deciding the best solution with the engineers of the 3rd party package provider.
We look for:
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens continuously and invests in others to achieve common goals.
As a Java Developer you will need to:
- Have strong knowledge of Java development (must). You know the difference between the frameworks and know which to apply depending on the require
- Have knowledge of Continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Sonar, Jenkins, Fortify and able to configure these tools
- Have experience with Continuous Delivery tools like: Ansible and TFS
- Have experience with Oracle and Middleware like JBOSS
- Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Have good social and communication skills
- Be pro-active and assertive
- Have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies and programming languages, but also on the interpersonal level. You are proven to be able to ask and give feedback
- Have experience with working in multicultural /diverse teams
- Have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English