(detavast) Python Developer (Linux/Oracle)Amsterdam
The department is processing every night all transactions for accounting and reporting purposes.
The applications used for this are based on Oracle technology (PL/SQL, Forms, APEX 18.1) on RHEL servers. The backend of one of the applications doing file and data handling needs to be migrated to Python technology. Also a lot of manual operational activities will be automated by Python scripting.
The department is setting up a small team to develop and maintain the codebase with Python. For that standards and best practices needs to be defined. Also Continuous deployment and test automation need to be embedded for the new code development. We expect you to guide the team in applying best practices, developing and testing the new code and using CD/CI concepts in the agile way of working.
As member of the department you will be working in a complex data warehouse environment, which is also migrating in the coming two years to a private cloud architecture. Security, Life Cycle Management and automation based on CD/CI are important topics. The CD/CI pipeline is based on TFS, GIT, Ansible, Artifactory.
- Set standards, rules and guidelines for the developers that start working with Python. Coach colleagues in Python development.
- Develop and test code based on Python, Linux shell scripts, Oracle PL/SQL ETL software, using version control, CD/CI principles.
- Involvement in deploying software to production and automating Ops activities.
- Keep relevant documentation and security up-to-date.
- You have at least three years of Linux experience
- You have at least four years of Oracle experience, preferably in a data warehouse context.
- You have at least three years of fulltime Python development experience.
- You are familiar with test frameworks (like PyTest).
- You have extensive experience in how to design applications; i.e. you decompose application functions into single components, into classes when needed and into API’s.
- You can change designs both in object oriented code, in functional code or in procedural code and you can show this to us.
- You have experience into documenting the application decomposition into program designs.
- You know how to mock, and you can implement and use different mocking patterns.
- You have experience with at least one Python application server, like Flask.
- You are an experienced GIT-user. You have at least two years of experience using GIT and you know either GitHub, TFS or GitLab.
- You are an experienced CI/CD user.
- You are aware of Docker and containerization.
- You have experience with Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Design approaches.
- Having a background in Banking or Financial industry is nice to have.
- You are a teamplayer
- You have an IT related master degree. Batchelor degree possible in case of sufficient relevant expertise.
- You have a flexible mindset.
- You have extremely good communication and collaboration skills.
- Your English speaking and writing skills are top notch.
- You are proactive and you enjoy helping your colleagues to improve themselves.
- You are eager to improve both yourself and your solutions all the time, and explore new technologies.
- You love refactoring and automation.
- You document everything relevant for future maintenance.
- You love to review code (and have your code reviewed).