Ops Engineer (InfoSphere/DataStage/WebSphere)Amsterdam
Our client is building a state-of-the-art Data Lake. An ambitious project based on technologies like IBM InfoSphere (DataStage, Information Governance Catalog), Netezza and Cognos.
As a Platform engineer you will be working in a scrum Platform squad of 6-8 Platform engineers. In addition there will be a Product Owner who decides on the priority of the user stories. The squad is responsible for maintaining and securing the Infosphere Information Server, the PureData for Analytics (Netezza), Oracle, Citrix, Linux, WebSphere.
- Keep the Platform running within Service Level Agreements
- Daily Operations related tasks (incoming requests and incidents)
- Keep the Platform safe and secure with regards of Compliance and Risk
- Improve processes within the Platform squad
- Bridge between Platform squad and Content squads
Together with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Platform or Operations engineer in similar environments, we expect you to have had experience working with the following tools, techniques and way of working:
- InfoSphere Information Server 11+ sysadmin
- WebSphere sysadmin
- DataStage sysadmin
- Linux experience
- Good communication skills in English
- Able to communicate with different types of stakeholders
- Willingness to work on a regular basis outside office hours (standby with a frequency of 1 week per 8 weeks, ocasionally Patching and Disaster Recovery)
- Banking experience
- Linux sysadmin
- Experience with Information Governance Catalog
- Experience with Information Analyzer
- Database experience (Oracle, Netezza)
- Experience with Citrix environments
- Experience with GIT as a Version management tool
- Experience with Cognos or similar as a reporting tool
Keeping yourself up to date on the latest technologies is also a part of your job, that’s why we have a ‘masteryday’ every three weeks. This is one full day where you can work on your own skills. This can be a topic from one of our learning modules for understanding our standards and way-of-work or a self-chosen topic within your expertise.
You are an enthusiastic, motivated engineer who likes to work in a team, improve processes within the team and servicing other teams. Innovating to do things smarter and continuous personal development are in your engineering DNA. Your goal in the end is to make yourself redundant! Rather than repeatedly solving the same incidents, you solve the problems behind and automate work to create time to take on other engineering challenges to further develop yourself as an engineer.