Full Stack Java DeveloperAmsterdam
We look for someone with modern day essential engineering skills like innovation, creativity, attention to details, communication and much more.
The squad is currently developing a scalable, resilient, next generation IT landscape which will empower its customer to fulfil a successful journey to acquire and manage their insurance products. The front-end Polymer applications and the Java API’s are the technical backbone for these multichannel apps which are used by customers in both Netherlands and Belgium.
The apps you work on are used by millions of customers on daily basis, whether it is the mobile banking app, our internet banking webapp or cross channel employee portals.
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development (6 + years): backend or front end (and thorough knowledge of the other). Our backend stack sounds like Java, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Cassandra, Oracle. On the front end side, we are into Polymer, Webcomponents, Redux, NPM.
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. We work with Tomcat, Jenkins, TFS, Ansible, SonarQube, Fortify, Artifactory, Selenium and cloud technologies.
- An itch for solving technical and functional challenges.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general. Ability to transfer this knowledge back by holding presentations, workshops, documentation and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech.
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and agile way of working
- Fluent English speaking and writing
What do we expect from you:
As a full stack software engineer, you work in an international environment in our multidisciplinary Insurance squad. Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visual designers, product owners you build our next generation applications.
We expect you to be responsible and take ownership. Be open, honest, communicate clearly and most importantly be eager to learn and proactively improve, yourself and the ecosystem around you.