Senior Ops Engineer (Windows 2012 OS/ MS SQL 2014) Deta-VastAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a senior Ops Engineer (Windows 2012 OS/ MS SQL 2014).
As part of the think forward strategy the company is working on global standardisation of Business Process Modelling tooling in order to improve collaboration, sharing and standardisation.
ARIS (Connect) is a common tool for modelling processes. With this tool the company is able to develop consistent global and local process models and share them across. The company is implementing ARIS Connect in the Private Cloud.
As part of a Squad, the Ops Engineer ARIS ensures the operational stability, integrity and availability of ARIS Connect (incl. interfaces).
The Ops Engineer actively monitors, manages, tests, deploys and operates ARIS Connect (complying to the Statement of Service), noting the detailed technical behavior and performance across all aspects of the application to proactively identify and prevent operational problems. He continuously improves the automation of deployment and operations tools and activities.
The activities of the Ops Engineer span the complete (IT) stack from application to hardware. He understands the detailed workflow of the application, expected transactional volumes, the detailed technical behavior of application servers and databases and the importance of maintaining a high security profile, safeguarding the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of data and information assets.
- Monitors the availability and performance of the services
- Configures and implements Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring of the entire technology stack. Monitoring (24*7) will be executed by MCR and the ARIS (squad)team.
- Monitors ARIS Connect, including interfaces, databases (MS SQL Server), middleware, (virtual) operating system (Windows Server) and hardware (Virtual Machines). This primarily applies to Production environments but in a less formal way is relevant for Acceptance environments as well
- Provides 2nd-line support, i.e. resolves incidents
This support will be 24*7. The Ops Engineer will be part of the stand by team.
- Escalates timely to the Service Manager when applicable
- Identifies and resolves problems both as a result of incidents and pro-actively
- Specifies, creates, tests and deploys runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup)
- Specifies, tests and executes rollback scripts
- Deploys (new versions of) an application in the Acceptance and Production environments
- Takes appropriate action after deployments if the application is not working in line with what was expected
- Determines impact of Infra changes and takes appropriate actions
- Collaborates with the Dev Engineers to ensure that the non functional requirements are met
- Specifies acceptance criteria based on the application’s Statement of Service
- Performs acceptance, based on these acceptance criteria
- Performs Production Acceptance Tests
- Ensures that the system capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner, proactively modelling trends and comparing with planned capacity changes for the future
- Ensures that capacity changes are implemented, tested, and deployed prior to capacity needs becoming an issue
- Ensures that all hardware and software within the system is suitably up-to-date, patched, supportable, secure and current
- Monitors that system security complies to standards and policies
- Collects and registers OCD related evidence material and ensures that OCD remains up-to-date
- Determines impact of new/changed standards and policies
- Ensures that the necessary risk related activities are timely performed
- Follows-up Services Requests
- Conducts accurate maintenance of application components in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- In the future: Set Up and continuously improves the automation of testing, deployment and operations tools and activities.
In depth knowledge of:
- Windows 2012 OS
- Database Administrator skills MS SQL 2014 for database server inc Always On and Stretching.
Experience and knowledge:
- Job scheduling & monitoring TWS
- Agile Scrum
- Role of Scrum Master (pre)
- Working in the cloud
- Loadbalancer for High Availbility to switch between instances and DC
- ITIL processes
- ARIS (Connect) is a pre.
- IT (Master/Bachelor) technical degree
- Proven track record in this type of role
- Work experience in an Agile organization
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and Dutch
- Knowledge of the banking landscape is a pre
What do we expect more?
- Strong communicator with an Agile mindset
- Assertive and not afraid to challenge
- Armed with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with a critical mindset
- High focus on quality and able to convince people to contribute to this
- Methodological and structured, pays attention to details
- Result oriented, able to set the right priorities and respect deadlines
- A team player, able to work autonomously