IT Data Dev Engineer (Unix)Amsterdam
The DevOps team is the dedicated Chapter for delivering market data. At the moment the team delivers market data to more than 75 applications throughout the bank.
As a development engineer you will work within the dev team and will be a valuable asset to the team. Your main focus will be driven by the data management challenges GMDB is eager to tackle in the coming period. Vendor agnostic data retrieval, data migrations, change reporting and visibility of data consumption by receiving systems are highly valued assets within GMDB.
We operate according to a Biz-Dev Ops development process and strongly believe in the Agile approach delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical target oriented development with regular milestones.
Feature delivery is driven by the priorities determined by the Business and Product Owners, working on a day-to-day basis with the IT organization.
The main challenges addressed at all times by our Dev are:
- consider the outcome of prioritization processes and related dependencies
- coordination with other squads, cross-domain
- coordination with external data vendors
- perform meaningful testing for several relevant goals
- aim at improving time-to-market and added business value
- automate reporting for visibility purposes
- deliver smart
- IT risk
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- Multiple years of experience with executing the processes within an Agile working environment, including risk control and configuration management
- Experience with the responsibility and execution for the incident, problem and change management for high available systems.
Personality, values and attitudes:
- Self-motivated (take it on and make it happen).
- Proactive, perseverant and value a multi-cultural work environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and together with your own squad
- Being capable to efficiently align with other internal parties or external customers
- Sufficient organizational and administrational skills to be able to address and prioritize IT risk controls
- Good communication skills in English, written as well as verbal
- In-depth knowledge in Unix tools and Unix Shell scripting
- Knowledge of XSLT, C, Java, Perl, RDBMS, SQL and VBA is recommended
- Good knowledge of RHEL and Windows 2012 server
- Good knowledge in SVN and Git/Github
- Knowledge of connectivity (e.g. ssl), DNS, firewalls
- Knowledge of Asset Control is a pre