Linux Ops Engineer (CI/CD)Leeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a talented Linux Ops Engineer (CI/CD).
Together with your squad you will be responsible for developing and maintaining new custom made Java applications that will replace existing Mainframe applications in the domain.
These responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and supporting the production environment and several other environments
- Automating the installation and integration of different components
- Streamlining our development process from code check-ins all the way to deployment into production in collaboration with Dev colleagues
- Capacity management of file systems and databases used
- Implementation of Risk & compliance measures
You will join your squad in a OPS Engineering role, the rest of your squad consists of experienced engineers. Within the assignment you will have the opportunity to expand/broaden your knowledge of different technologies, software packages, etc.
Experienced OPS engineers in other squads can help you to make a quick start in our Linux environment.
Squads operate according to the Scrum Agile development process and strongly stick to the DevOps approach to deliver successful IT solutions. In our software development methodology we focus on creating high-quality mission-critical software delivered in-time using an iterative development cycle. We give regular demo’s for our stakeholders, so that in the end there are no surprises about the business functionality that we deliver.
Support the (decommission) business goals by adding the required Customer functionalities into the custom Java apps while warranting the continuity and overall system performance/quality expectations. The squad must move the current Mainframe processes to a Java/Linux environment before the end of 2019.
We believe that business value is delivered by highly motivated Engineers with an agile mind set working together in high performing DevOps squads. We are looking for team players that have a passion for technology, are proud of their craft, are solution-focused and have a broad set of software developing skills (able to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions for our customers).
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development. You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You are experienced in maintaining a Linux based stack and able to coach less experienced OPS colleagues in the squad.
- You have a basic understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning our business.
- You are able to translate requests from your Product Owner and other stakeholders *the ‘what’) into working software solutions (the ‘how’).
- Willing to be part of the standby/incident schedule outside of business hours.
- You have excellent analytical skills, you are able to determine the impact of certain choices/decisions on your environment and together with your squad come up with the right course of action.
- Linux systems (RHEL), shell scripting
- Continuous delivery / Continuous integration tooling
- Java, Polymer, PL-SQL
- Databases (Oracle)
- Jenkins, Git(lab) and Artifactory
- Monitoring with ELK, Graphite/Grafana
- Scheduling software: Universal Automation Center (or similar)
- Test automation
- Affinity with software testing
- Positive attitude
- Good social and communication skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Innovative and out-of-the-box solution thinking
- Dutch and/or English speaking and writing skills