Akumina has been chosen as solution for this digital workplace and is based on O365 technology. Akumina will be implemented globally partly on Private Cloud.
As part of a Squad, the Ops Engineer ensures the operational stability, integrity and availability of Employee Experience Platform (incl. interfaces).
The Ops Engineer actively monitors, manages, tests, deploys and operates Employee Experience Platform (complying to the Statement of Service), noting the detailed technical behavior and performance across all aspects of the application to proactively identify and prevent operational problems. He continuously improves the automation of deployment and operations tools and activities.
The activities of the Ops Engineer span the complete (IT) stack from application to hardware. He understands the detailed workflow of the application, expected transactional volumes, the detailed technical behavior of application servers and databases and the importance of maintaining a high security profile, safeguarding the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of data and information assets.
- Monitors the availability and performance of the services
- Monitors Employee Experience Platform, including interfaces, databases (MS SQL Server), middleware, (virtual) operating system (Windows Server) and hardware (Virtual Machines). This primarily applies to Production environments but in a less formal way is relevant for Acceptance environments as well
- Provides 2nd-line support, i.e. resolves incidents
- Escalates timely to the Service Manager when applicable
- Identifies and resolves problems both as a result of incidents and pro-actively
- Specifies, creates, tests and deploys runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup)
- Specifies, tests and executes rollback scripts
- Deploys (new versions of) an application in the Acceptance and Production environments
- Determines impact of Infra changes and takes appropriate actions
- Collaborates with the Dev Engineers to ensure that the non functional requirements are met
- Specifies acceptance criteria based on the application’s Statement of Service
- Performs acceptance, based on these acceptance criteria
- Performs Production Acceptance Tests
- Ensures that the system capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner, proactively modelling trends and comparing with planned capacity changes for the future
- Ensures that all hardware and software within the system is suitably up-to-date, patched, supporzable, secure and current
- Monitors that system security complies to standards and policies
- Collects and registers OCD related evidence material and ensures that OCD remains up-to-date
- Determines impact of new/changed standards and policies
- Follows-up Services Requests
- Conducts accurate maintenance of application components in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
In depth knowledge of
- Windows 2016 OS
- Database Administrator skills MS SQL 2014 for database server inc Always On and Stretching.
- Strong knowledge of JS frameworks such as REACT is recommended.
Experience and knowledge
- Understanding of ES5, ES6 required.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, TypeScript, Node, Webpack, NPM, VS Code, and Handlebar templating
- Office 365, including Sharepoint Online, Yammer, MS Stream
- Agile Scrum
- Role of Scrum Master (pre)
- Working in the cloud
- Loadbalancer for High Availbility to switch between instances and DC
- ITIL processes
- Akumina knowledge is a pre.
- IT (Master/Bachelor) technical degree
- Proven track record in this type of role
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and Dutch
What do we expect more?
- Strong communicator with an Agile mindset
- Assertive and not afraid to challenge
- Armed with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with a critical mindset
- High focus on quality and able to convince people to contribute to this
- Methodological and structured, pays attention to details
- Result oriented, able to set the right priorities and respect deadlines
- A team player, able to work autonomously