Senior Oracle PL/SQL DeveloperAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for an experienced senior Oracle Developer that has very solid experience in an Oracle/Linux stack (Oracle PL/SQL, WebLogic, Forms/APEX/Headstart). But with an open mindset and experience in applying new technologies and approaches. Examples are Python, CD/CI, BDD. Our CD/CI pipeline is based on TFS, GIT and Ansible.
The Processing Center processing every night all commercial banking transactions for accounting and reporting purposes. This time critical processing is based on several applications using Oracle technology (PL/SQL, Forms 12, APEX 18.1, Oracle Designer) on RHEL servers.
Given the expanding amount of work we are looking for one more developer that can help us speed up and improve over the coming years.
As member of the chapter you will be working in a complex data warehouse environment, which is migrating in the coming two years to a private cloud architecture. Understanding and close collaboration with our Finance business is important to be successful. Experience in the finance domain and understanding financial products (commercial banking) is relevant.
Squads are multi-cultural where some members can be working from an offshore location.
You will be working in Amsterdam.
Your responsibilities are:
- Align with Finance regarding requirements, and creating designs.
- Design, Develop and test code based on the technologies used.
- Improve and expand our CD/CI pipeline including automated testing concepts.
- Document relevant information.
- Keep security and risk controls up-to-date.
- You have at least five years of fulltime Oracle PL-SQL experience, preferably in a data warehouse context.
- You have at least three years of extensive experience with Linux platforms.
- You have at least three years of experience with a scheduling tool
- You have at least five years of experience in a Banking / Financial domain and understanding of financial products.
- You have at least two years of experience in two of the following skills
Python software development.
Automated testing based on BDD/TDD concepts.
Forms and Apex development expertise.
Setup and improvement of CD/CI pipelines (based on Ansible/TFS/GIT).
- You are a team player
- You have bachelor degree in IT.
- You have good communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent in speaking and writing English.
- You are proactive and you enjoy helping your colleagues to improve themselves.
- You are eager to improve both yourself and your solutions all the time, and explore new technologies.
- You love automation.
- You document everything relevant for future maintenance.
- You are a fast learner.