DevOps Engineer (CD, Linux, Database)Leeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a Competent or Proficient Operations Engineer with a passion for IT.
As a member of the squad you are responsible for maintaining and improving the end-to-end test environment ‘Connected-T’, which gives other squads the possibility to test their software within the whole software chain before deploying their component to the Acceptance Environment.
Squad CIA developed a solution to store end-to-end test data in a database, which is connected to an API to supply the dynamic Test Data to every squad. We have also created a tool to supply Static Test Data to the squads. The squad is currently working on a solution where masked data on Acceptance can be provided to all squads in an efficient way.
You will be helping other squads to participate in the end-to-end Test Environment by helping them creating, maintaining and optimizing their own automated test scripts to test the business processes.
Part of your responsibility will be to coordinate and regulate the stability and monitoring of the T environments and maintain tools to support the automated testing and providing Test Data. You will ensure all risk controls are at par so we can continuously deploy our software. You will give advice on, coordinate, and implement life cycle management activities.
The squad operates according to the Scrum development process and strongly believes in the DevOps approach to deliver successful IT solutions. Our focus is on helping other squads to be successful in testing their software in the entire chain of business software, so that they can deliver their software in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what they have built.
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical and technical operation skills, and an affinity with programming and testing. We believe that business value is delivered by Agile top engineers working together in high performing Dev/Ops teams, according to the Scrum framework. Team-players that are technically passionate, proud of their craft, solution-focused and broadly developed: able to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions for our customers.
Engineers have a responsibility to ensure delivery across end-to-end application chains. They focus on quality and continuously improve themselves, their products and processes. If needed you will be able to travel between Leeuwarden and Amsterdam.
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development. You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You teach, coach and train our colleagues, you share knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have a broad understanding of the IT architecture of your domain, have excellent analytical skills and are able to determine the impact of certain choices. You can translate these principles into concrete actions for your team.
- Proven track-record as a DevOps Engineer, 3+ years of experience in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Strong Database knowledge (MS-SQL, Oracle, DB2, Database tuning, scripting and creating Stored procedures)
- Linux knowledge (patching, maintenance, troubleshooting etc. Preferable LPIC1 certification)
- Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known tools in this area (ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Seyren, etc.)
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, for example: (Jenkins, Maven, TFS, GitLab, Artifactory, Ansible)
- Drive to ‘Automate everything’.
- Experience with working in the banking environment is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Chaser attitude
- Good social and communication skills
- Having a lot of patience
- Dutch and English speaking and writing skills