Senior IT Ops engineer (Linux/CI/CD)Leeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a senior IT Ops engineer (Linux/CI/CD) with a drive for continuous improvement.
The department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all applications with regard to document composition, digital communication, print management, scanning / data capture and archiving. We are working with state of the art software packages.
Flexibility and creativity is needed to manage the complex application landscape that is formatting high volumes of documents and to take care that these are delivered without delay for the customers. You will be responsible for supporting the applications/tools in this landscape for the business partners (with 7*24 availability). Together with other Ops and Dev Engineers in your team you will work according to the Scrum/Agile methodology.
We are looking for someone with an outgoing, easy-to-work-with, mature and no-nonsense mentality. Someone who is an open and honest communicator, who values working as part of a team and who is aware of developments and trends in the industry and corporate ecosystem.
Your main tasks
The document composition services are delivered, in a combination of Off the Shelf products (currently mainly OpenText Xpression) and own developed software (Java). As an all-round and Senior Ops engineer your main task will be guiding the team to further smoothen the operations and maintenance activities. You have a broad IT Knowledge and based on your expertise and experience you are able to give significant contribution in making the right design choices and coaching the team to reduce incidents and perform at a high level.
Technical Role Requirements
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical IT study.
Knowledge of and experience with:
- Agile/Scrum method as well as with the DevOps method and ITIL.
- Maintaining larger corporate systems.
- Linux (RedHat) system administration and engineering skills (RHCSA, RHCE).
- Linux (bash) scripting capabilities.
- CI / CD tooling: Git, Artifactory, Ansible, TFS.
- Knowledge of (Oracle) databases (also DBaaS), IBM WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Visualisation with Grafana, Elastic or Kibana.
Next to these must haves, we would like you to have knowledge of the following:
- Collaboration tooling like Confluence.
- Document Management environments.
You speak English fluently (both orally and in writing). Speaking Dutch is a plus.
- You are an outgoing, expressive person.
- Customer needs should always be taken in consideration.
- Awareness of the fact that your team is part of a chain of parties that only as a whole can deliver value to our customer.
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility.
- Analytic with translation to action plans.
- Stands for Sprint commitment.
- Willing to work in standby shifts outside regular office hours.
- Stands for quality and continuous improvement. Drive to innovate.