Full Stack Data Engineer (Front-end or Back-end) – DETAVAST (Contract to perm)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Full Stack Data Engineer (Front-end or Back-end) – DETAVAST (Contract to perm).
We believe in using data for good and profit. We are looking to invite a full-stack data engineer to join our growing team.
Front-end? Back-end? Data? We love it all! We are looking for smart, enthusiastic engineers that are interested in working across a broad range of software challenges. Whether in the front-end enhancing our data visualization dashboard, or the back-end updating our dataset service API, or exploring and on-boarding new datasets into our data pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company doing genuinely exciting things in the big-data space. We offer a calm, collected environment where you can focus doing your best work, with a lot of freedom to manage your time and process.
- You're ambitious and talented.
- Comfortable with SQL and reasoning about database performance
- Comfortable working in a typed, concurrent back-end language like Golang
- Comfortable managing state in the front-end and balancing trade-offs in the current state of front-end tooling
- Not afraid to work with browser styling and whip-up a slick UI component
- Comfortable reasoning about data and discussing statistical concepts
- Comfortable discussing infrastructure trade-offs and navigating in a Linux environment
- Experience with ML at scale including text / image classification and time series forecasting
- Experience with BI tooling
- Statistics, econometrics, or mathematical background
- Experience with a wide range of different data management systems and tooling
The department collects exclusive insights about sales and trends from new sources, such as point-of-sale systems, so our clients can make better decisions faster.
Based in the heart of Amsterdam, we are an ambitious international team of engineers, physicists, philosophers, and parents.
- We strongly believe in solving a problem with the simplest solution possible
- We care about performance, scale-ability, and reliability
- We write a lot of tests, mostly integration. We are not afraid to test against the database, network, or file system
- We don't freak out if one function does more than one thing or has side-effects if it makes sense in context
- We favor rolling-our-own tooling where it makes sense
- We are empiricists. We run experiments and measure things
- We are skeptical of buzzwords and hype
- Building the best product in the industry means having a bias towards getting things done, being honest and straightforward, having an eye for detail, and having a good night’s rest
Our (Current) Stack:
- Our back-end API is Golang on Debian with PostgreSQL.
- For data wrangling and machine learning we use the python scientific stack - Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit learn, etc.
Why can we offer?
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment with a lot of freedom to manage your work and time
- Located in the city center of Amsterdam. Our office is at TQ in a very cool building with a lot of other interesting tech companies and startups
- We are committed to helping you grow in your career, if you need courses, training, books, or conferences we can help
- Every other Friday we have a "FunFriday" as a day of free experimentation where everyone can work on a project of their choice
- If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you.