Dev Engineer (Java/Scala)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Dev Engineer (Java/Scala).
As SDK engineer you will work in a squad with 6-8 other engineers that have similar skills as you. Together you develop the API SDK, which contains a modular toolkit written in Scala and an application framework, based on Spring-boot. In addition to that you will also work on the in-house built Service discovery solution based on Akka with Distributed data in Scala.
The user base of the API SDK and Service Discovery is spread globally and it is being used by 400+ teams.
You take part in discussions with users and stakeholders to come to concrete new features of your product.
Sometimes users experience difficulties while integrating your product with their own solution. In such situations, your squad helps the user to tackle these issues. All squad members take part in this technical support towards users.
- Deliver high quality software that enables other teams to deliver their APIs better and faster
- Support users of your product when they have technical questions or experience issues
- Maintain a globally scaled service discovery solution
- Excellent soft skills
- Experience with the Open Source way of working
- Capable of delivering both working code and a suitable set of automated tests
- High learning ability
- 3+ years experience with Java and 3+ years experience with Scala
- Good understanding of functional programming principles
- Understanding of working in a complex IT landscape such as ING
- Experience with developing code libraries that have a large user base
- Good understanding of software security issues, like the OWASP top 10