Ops Engineer (Windows Server, PowerShell, CI/CD)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for an Ops Engineer (Windows Server, PowerShell, CI/CD)
As an Ops Engineer you will be working in a platform squad supporting several payment applications. Together with your squad colleagues you will be responsible for setting up the platform, monitoring, scheduling and the deployment pipeline for applications involved in the processing of payments.
We believe that business value is delivered by highly motivated Engineers with an agile mind set working together in high performing DevOps squads. Therefore we are looking for team players that have a passion for technology, are proud of their craft, are solution-focused and have a broad set of software developing skills (able to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions for our customers).
You will join your squad in an OPS engineering role, the rest of your squad consists of experienced engineers. Within the assignment you will have the opportunity to expand/broaden your knowledge of different technologies, software packages, etc.
Your main tasks will be:
- You regulate the installation, stability and monitoring of (D) -T-A-P environments using a high level of automation.
- You give advice on and implement (automate) life cycle management activities.
- You ensure an efficient and effective handling incident -, configuration -, change management within your team.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
Automation of IT tasks is your core business. Repetitive or manual work is the last thing you want to be assigned to, because you are an IT specialist, excellent analytical skills and above all a team player. Creating results is what you do, but always as a team. You feel a personal responsibility delivering quality and you work together different colleagues across domains and expertise, continuously improving how you work. A 24x7 mind-set is default behaviour.
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development. You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You are experienced in stack maintenance
- You have a basic understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning our business.
- You are able to translate requests from your Product Owner and other stakeholders *the ‘what’) into working software solutions (the ‘how’).
- Willing to be part of the standby/incident schedule outside of business hours.
- You have excellent analytical skills, you are able to determine the impact of certain choices/decisions on your environment and together with your squad come up with the right course of action.
Technical experience/capabilities MUST HAVES!
Administration of Windows Server 2016
Continuous delivery / Continuous integration tooling (TFS/GIT/Artifactory/etc.)
Other important experiences:
Active directory / LDS
Understanding CIFS configurations
Microfocus Enterprise server (pre).
MS SQL databases and Failover clustering with Always-on
Monitoring (SCOM and Prometheus)
Scheduling software: Universal Automation Center (or similar)
MCSA Certified and skilled
Good social and communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Innovative and out-of-the-box solution thinking
Both Dutch and English speaking + writing skills