DevOps Engineer (Oracle)Amsterdam
This job is a mixture of both developer and Oracle DBA. You must have a keen interest in performance analysis and improvement and getting to know the applications running on top of the database to be able to answer risk related questions. This particular system uses advanced queuing so knowledge of that would be a big advantage. This job is not just about keeping a system running it is about improving it. Your key responsibilities are summarized below:
- Work closely with business and technical analysts to ensure Installation, upgrades, cloning, and patching of databases (11g, 12c)
- Maintaining the coding standards throughout all the database objects
- Manage, monitor and configure AQ workflow
- Perform sysadmin activities: user administration, tablespace management , ASM administration
- Responsible for ensuring the availability and performance of all assigned database environments
- Backup/recovery planning and execution
- Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle Support and third parties as necessary
- Collaborate with analysts and developers to diagnose and solve database related problems
- Participate in on-call support as needed
- Knowledge of PL/SQL codes procedure , function , triggers , packages and its functioning etc.
- Performance tuning tools knowledge in AWR , ADDM , locking , indexing , sql profile etc.
- Preferred certifications: Oracle Certified Professional(OCP)