Senior Full Stack Java Developer (lead)Amsterdam
For our client we are searching for a senior Full stack Java developer in Amsterdam, who will further improve our digital channels, and make our customer experience a fantastic voyage. We look for someone with modern day essential engineering skills like innovation, creativity, attention to details, communication and much more.
The front-end will be lit-HTML based. Our back-end solution will be integrated with other Java API’s that are the technical backbone for the multichannel journeys, used by customers in both Netherlands and Belgium.
The Current Accounts API’s you will work on are used by millions of customers on a daily basis, whether it is the mobile app, our internet webapp or cross channel employee portals. A great stage to shine for any serious software craftsman.
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development (6 + years): backend or front end (and thorough knowledge of the other, you are expected to be able to work on front- and backend). Our backend stack sounds like Java, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Cassandra, Oracle. On the front-end side, we are into lit-HTML, Web-components, Redux, NPM.
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. We work with Git, Tomcat, Jenkins, TFS, Ansible, SonarQube, Fortify, Artifactory, Karma, OpenShift, Docker, private cloud environments and soon migrating to Azure DevOps.
- We are moving towards pure DevOps profiles, so you are expected to refine, code, test AND DEPLOY your own work on our cloud environments.
- Lead development experience is a pre.
- An itch and self-motivation for solving technical and functional challenges.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general.
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back to the client by holding presentations, workshops, documentation and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech.
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues -who will be located in Belgium
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and agile way of working
- Fluent English speaking and writing
We expect you to be responsible and take ownership. Be open, honest, communicate clearly and most importantly be eager to learn and proactively improve, yourself and the ecosystem around you.