IT Ops engineer (Linux/Oracle/ELK)Leeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for an IT Ops engineer (Linux/Oracle/ELK).
The Document Management department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all applications with regard to document composition, print management, scanning / data capture and archiving. We are working with state of the art software packages.
For our Archiving team we are looking for an Ops engineer. The Archive team takes care for offering a an archiving platform for the client. For securing the operations and developing new functionality the team is looking for a new colleague. You will contribute to the team’s strategy of rolling out upgrades, maintaining performance, securing availability, day-to-day monitoring, security and Continuous Delivery. Together with other Ops and Dev Engineers in your team you will work according to the Scrum methodology.
Your main tasks will be
You will play an important role securing the operation of our archiving platform. You are able to solve incidents, perform the necessary maintenance tasks (including complete risk documentation), and will take care for optimal logging and monitoring of user and customer events.
You actively participate in the Scrum process and in Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices. You will play a positive role within your DevOps team. You and about 5 other enthusiastic professional colleagues will work together in a DevOps team in Leeuwarden (The Netherlands). This team is delivering a generic service. It is important that you are proactive and focused on delivering a continuously improvement of the domestic Dutch Customer Experience.
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical IT study. We look for a generalist, someone who likes to participate both in the Dev and Ops role. You have at least 5 years’ experience:
- Linux environments, Red Hat certification is considered as a pro;
- Oracle databases;
- Working according to the Agile/Scrum method as well as with the DevOps method and ITIL;
- Continuous Delivery tooling; more specific Ansible and GIT;
- ELK stack (Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana)
- Working in a high volume Archiving environment is a pré;
- Working with Documentum from Open Text is considered as a pré;
- Network and system security;
- Bash scripting;
- Also, you are fluent in English, and understand Dutch conversation. You live within travel distance of the area of Leeuwarden.
Competencies – Mind set & Behavior
In this function the customer needs should always be taken in consideration. Awareness of the fact that your team is part of a chain of parties that only as a whole can deliver value to our customer.
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility
- Analytic with translation to action plans
- Knowledge of developments in the market IT.
- Stands for quality
- Stands for Sprint commitment
- Drive to innovate
- Willing to work in standby shifts outside regular office hours.
- Able to communicate in an open way, giving feedback and helping your colleagues to improve in both technical and personal perspective.