Full Stack Java DeveloperLeeuwarden
Note: 1 day in the week you'll be working in Amsterdam.
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a Full Stack Java Developer with a passion for IT.
Work is being done in a DevOps manner. Scrum/Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery practices are very important.
We created a solution to support squads with end-to-end testing on the Connected-T environment, which helps to improve the quality of their software and deliver it faster to the next stage.
The solution consist of an API, linked to a database, which can be used to retrieve (and extend) dynamic test data, and a front-end (also linked to the API) to retrieve static test data.
You are able to maintain and build new functionality in the API, front-end and database (procedures). Another part of your job is to assist other squads to on-board to the above solution and assist them in creating, maintaining and optimizing their own automated test scripts to be able to test the ING business processes. You will also participate in Ops tasks, like troubleshooting test environment issues.
DevOps teams are responsible for the development, delivery, operation and maintenance of applications, associated components and interfaces. A DevOps team consists of two roles: Development Engineer and Operations Engineer. Collectively, the DevOps team has full responsibility for the Development, Quality Assurance and Operations of their systems.
We operate according to the Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering successful IT solutions. Our focus is on helping other squads to be successful in testing their software in the entire chain of business software, so that they can deliver their software in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what they have build.
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical, technical, programming and testing skills. We believe that business value is delivered by Agile top engineers working together in high performing Dev/Ops teams, according to the Scrum framework. Team-players that are technically passionate, proud of their craft, solution-focused and broadly developed: able to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions for our customers.
Engineers have a responsibility to ensure delivery across end-to-end application chains. They focus on quality and continuously improve themselves, their products and processes. You have a 24x7 mindset, and are willing to participate in a stand by shift, knowing that we operate a 24x7 business for our customers. If needed you will be able to travel between Leeuwarden and Amsterdam.
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development. You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You teach, coach and train our colleagues, you share knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have a broad understanding of the IT architecture of your domain, have excellent analytical skills and are able to determine the impact of certain choices. You can translate these principles into concrete actions for your team.
- Experience with Java or other 3th generation programming languages.
- Experience with databases (MS SQL preferable) and SQL development
- Experience with test automation tools (ex. UFT, Selenium, Protractor, WebDriverIO)
- Experience in continuous testing environments
- Experience in banking environments
- Experience in Agile software development environments
- Certification in Software Development (Java OCA / OCP)
- Certification in Software Testing (ISTQB and/or T-Map)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Good social and communication skills
- Dutch and English speaking and writing skills