Senior .NET Developer (C#/TFS/SQL)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking a Senior .NET Developer (C#/TFS/SQL).
Within the organisation, the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) team is looking for a senior .Net Developer to help extend our framework to automate our business processes.
Your work environment
To enable our monthly financial forecasting processes and to support our stress tests, the ALM platform has been set up. The ALM platform consists of the Automation framework, a framework that automates the business processes, a data staging area and set of related tools that all collaborate with the QRM system (QRM is a third party quantitative risk management application). The framework automates processing, extracting and transformation of monthly financial data. The framework is used by our business lines, Financial Risk, Finance and Bank Treasury to calculate and to report on financial forecasts, and to optimize potential impact to market circumstance shocks.
Further development of the ALM platform has been prioritised by higher management as one of our most important strategic worldwide objectives. Currently, the ALM platform is being transformed into a group-wide standard to support global and local requirements, and step by step new countries are on-boarded. For the Automation framework and the Data Staging Area, this means that processing of data of countries with different financial products needs to be automated, aligned, enriched and transformed. These functionalities will need to be extended and maintained. Additionally, functionality needs to be built to analyse or monitor unexpected differences between data.
Your ALM squad is a Biz-Dev-Ops team, combining expertise of business, IT and OPS specialists. The squad works according to Agile scrum, which means that work is sliced and planned in sprints, as part of the team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning. Together with your squad/team, you are responsible to (re-)design a stable, standardized and consistent ALM platform. Together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal: have all the offices worldwide use one ALM standard.
Main services delivered by you are:
- On-going development of our in-house developed Domain Specific Language that is used by our business analyst to automate their processes. Improvement and extension of this DSL and surrounding framework by developing new commands and features using C#.
- Build alternative solutions to replace non-developer built Excel/VBA tools with modules for the automation framework.
- Set up a data reconciliation solution to allow business analysts to monitor the flow of data through all the business processes.
- Initiate and consult on ways to improve automation of manual processes.
- Carry out a senior engineer role, e.g.:
- Manage releases
- With help of business experts, analyse, understand and get the overview of how monthly financial data and financial products are processed, translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- If requested, advice business or operation colleagues e.g. at identifying root causes for incidents related to process errors. Advice about the data to be processed to architects and other developers at a current project to set up a BI layer to improve reporting.
Minimum of 7 years of extensive experience with c# (.net)
Experienced with Team foundation server
Experienced using MVC, WPF and entity framework
Experienced with MS SQL Server
Hands-on and pro-active attitude
Capable to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and capable to slice work into steps and can work accordingly
Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of financial risk. You are able to peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights.
Strong soft and business analysis skills to get clear requirements from stakeholders who don’t oversee the full IT picture yet
You can explain complex matters in a simple way
You are fluent in English
You are a team player
Preferably you are experienced in, or at least you are interested in the following:
- An Agile/Scrum way of working.
- LDAP/Active Directory to grant end users with particular roles / permissions to analyse data processing results
- Processing financial data, e.g. related to market risk or interest rate risk & liquidity risk management
- Dutch language.
Let op! Het is een vereiste dat de kandidaat een maximale reistijd heeft van 1 uur tussen woon en werk.