Ops Engineer (Blockchain/Docker/Python/Bash)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for an Ops Engineer (Blockchain/Docker/Python/Bash).
Are you a highly motivated IT engineer with a mind for innovation? Do you have an affinity with the blockchain space?
This is your opportunity to contribute and gain experience in an innovative start-up environment, working with the latest financial technologies based on DLT blockchain and digital assets.
The start-up initiatives follow the PACE process to bring disruptive ideas to market, it is an innovation process is based on the principles of design thinking, agile and lean start-up. You will be part of an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team with many opportunities to grow.
You will take ownership of the deployment and running of distributed applications, with a strong focus on security and cryptography.
You will work closely with other developers and participate in the design and architecture of the product.
- You are a highly motivated engineer with experience in automating deployments and scaling applications, you have a degree in IT or computer science related field.
- You are able to work in a fast paced and complex environment where a curious, self-starting and analytical mentality is necessary.
- You are a generalist, capable of quickly picking up new tasks.
- You can work independently on different tasks given and communicate the progress with the other team members.
- Have experience with Docker and the Docker ecosystem (compose, Kubernetes)
- Are proficient in Bash and Python
- Have experience with managing cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Have a solid understanding of IT security concepts and cryptography
- Have a solid understanding of networking and communication protocols
- Have experience with deployment tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- Have the ability to clearly communicate insights and ideas
- Are able to use git efficiently on a daily basis
- Are fluent in spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with blockchain / distributed ledger technology environments (Corda, Ethereum)
- Experience with databases (Postgresql)
- Experience with Nginx