Ops Engineer (Infra/PowerShell/VMware)Rotterdam
For our client in Rotterdam we are looking for an Ops Engineer (Infra/PowerShell/VMware).
You are an energetic Engineer with a passion for IT Infrastructure and positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary squad with end-to-end responsibility for infrastructure services. You are used working with agile/scrum. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Based in Amsterdam or Rotterdam, you will join an international team. You will participate in agile work processes such as daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and planning. Together with the Product Owner, the team works on common goals and a shared backlog. We use video and collaboration tools to facilitate the communication process.
You deliver standard, self-service infrastructure services to the Global IT consumers together with your team. You can move all typical user stories and tasks from “To-Do” to “Done.”
This primary focus is to facilitate this and to make sure that the Virtualized infrastructure based on VMware products keeps running in the best way possible. Your responsibilities are tasks such as life cycle management, patch management and maintaining operational stability.
You have an understanding of virtualization technologies, specifically the VMware products.
- Experience scripting in PowerShell
- Experience in maintaining VMware products and experience in hardware tooling.
- Able to perform performance and capacity management on a virtual environment.
- Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
- Understanding of the Scrum methodology (e.g., backlog and spring planning, review and marketplace)
- Creating and improve documentation and work instructions on the delivered infrastructure solution
- Insight and implementation of desired structural infrastructure solution
- The mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working and technologies
- End-to-end ownership mindset
- Active team player who takes responsibility
- Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
- The mentality of continuous improvement of the service and way of working
- Reflects upon behaviors and performance to proactively identify improvement areas
- Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
- Coaches others to help their individual development
Education and background
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
- Extensive understanding of storage technologies
- Excellent command of spoken and written English