Ops Engineer (Tomcat/WebSphere/ITIL)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for an Ops Engineer (Tomcat/WebSphere/ITIL).
The Ops Engineer bears primary responsibility for the stability of his or her own application, identifies application and system-related problems and takes the lead in resolving incidents. Your tasks consist of monitoring, management, testing and running the application. You proactively monitor the technical behavior and performance in all aspects for the entire stack in order to prevent problems. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog.
Contribute to the One Agile way of working
In the Tribe structure, you are part of an ambitious and highly motivated squad with an Agile way of working. You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work. Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
Main engineering responsibilities
- Ensuring continuity and cohesion in the maintenance of the application under your responsibility. This covers among others: the resolution of incidents (Level 2 support), infrastructure and application life cycle management, release management.
- Collaborating with Dev engineers and give input related to workload estimations, integration of solutions in the process of maintenance and releases, capacity management, performance and acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests)
- Automating the installation and integration of different components. Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the runtime scripts.
- Coordination and execution of installations and un-installations.
- Application tuning, monitoring and scheduling.
- Overseeing compliance with security standards.
- Documentation and knowledge management: ensuring that the application documentation is up to date; making sure that sufficient knowledge of the application is available in the tea.
- Standby/On call support of the application outside of the office hours.
Desired skills & experience
- Up to date vision relating to IT expertise.
- Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience with Linux administration/monitoring/troubleshooting
- Experience with Oracle and Tomcat (monitoring, troubleshooting, LCM)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such Azure DevOps, TFS, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Ansible.
- Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring experience
- Agile mindset
- Able to work under pressure, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Problem solving, creativity, cooperation, disciplined and result oriented.