Senior MS SQL server developer (T-SQL/ETL/C#)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Senior MS SQL server developer (T-SQL/ETL/C#).
Within organisation, the team is looking for a senior Designer and Developer to fully re-design the current Data Staging Area, and to integrate currently separate ETL flows. The senior Designer and Developer needs to be ‘hands-on’, capable to oversee complex data flow structures and needs to be experienced with large data volumes.
Your work environment:
To enable the monthly financial forecasting processes and to support stress tests, the platform has been set up. The platform consists of a Data Staging Area built in MS SQL Server and C#, which extracts, transfers monthly financial data. The data is loaded in an application. The application is used to calculate and to report on financial forecasts, and stress tests.
Further development of the platform has been prioritized by higher management as one of most important strategic worldwide objectives. Currently, the platform is being transformed into a group-wide standard to support global and local requirements, and step by step new countries are on-boarded. For the Data Staging Area, this means that data of countries with different financial products needs to be aligned, enriched, transformed and functionality needs to be built to analyze or monitor unexpected differences between data.
Your team is a BusDevOps team, combining expertise of business, IT and OPS specialists. The team works according to Agile scrum, which means that work is sliced and planned in sprints, and as part of the team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning. Together with your team, you are responsible to (re-)design a stable, standardized and consistent platform. And together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal.
Main services delivered by you are:
Set up a step by step approach, and fully re-design the current Data Staging Area, in the following way:
- Improve and simplify data loads and ETL processes, despite of differences and variety in country data
- Design, develop, configure and test secure software automation solutions in SQL Server (and where applicable C#)
- Change data flows, tables, and interfaces, make existing data flows more transparent. Work towards a simple and robust solution with functionality to identify and analyse unexpected differences in data in an early stage. Together with one colleague developer/DBA-er, improve maintainability and performance of the Data Staging Area, Maintainable , High performance.
- Carry out a senior engineer role, e.g.:
- With help of business experts, analyse, understand and get the overview of how monthly financial data and financial products are processed, translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- If requested, advice business or operation colleagues e.g. at identifying root causes for incidents related to data errors. Give advice about the data to be processed to architects and other developers at a current project to set up a BI layer to improve reporting.
- Minimum of 7 years of extensive experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures
- Extensive experience with ETL, including experience with large data volumes and use of SSIS
- Relevant experience with C# (.Net), MVC, WPF and entity framework
- Hands-on and pro-active attitude
- Capable to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and capable to slice work into steps and can work accordingly
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of financial risk. You are able to peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights.
- You can explain complex matters in a simple way
- You are fluent in English
- You are a team player
- Preferably you are experienced in, or at least you are interested in the following:
- Database version control
- SSRS, and SSAS
- LDAP/Active Directory to grant end users with particular roles / permissions to analyse data processing results
- Processing financial data, e.g. related to market risk or interest rate risk & liquidity risk management
- Scripts e.g. to automate regression testing
- An Agile/Scrum way of working.