Application Migration Specialist (AD/LDAP/Azure)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for an Application Migration Specialist (AD/LDAP/Azure).
Are you a seasoned and eager application migration specialist? And can you steer these migrations in a complex technical and international environment? We are looking for ambitious consultants that can support our application- and application framework owners in migrating from generic LDAP based directory services to the strategic hybrid implementation of Active Directory and Azure AD preferably on Web based protocols like SAML and OAuth (ADFS/Azure AD).
In scope of this migration project are on premise applications currently connecting to a generic global LDAP directory, which is to be phased out this year.
We are Tribe Workplace and we deliver workplace services for 60,000 colleagues worldwide. We ensure that our colleagues can work safely with any device, wherever they are: at home, in the office or in another country. Specifically, we provide laptops, (virtual) desktops, mobile and fixed telephony, video conferencing, software (e.g. Outlook, SharePoint, Windows and Office365). We also provide the infrastructure and support for these services.
You are passionate about application development and IT Directory Services.
You know how to connect and direct colleagues and (external or internal) suppliers and you thrive when working in multidisciplinary teams.
You know about application development in Java and supporting frameworks like Tomcat, but you are also knowledgeable about integrating commercial of the shelf software solutions with directory services for authentication and authorisation.
You steer projects in alignment with the Product Owner.
For less complex products you translate customer-needs into business requirements or you do this under supervision for more complex products.
You are able to transfer your expertise in IT solutions to customers. You ensure coordination between the directly involved parties.
Tribe Workplace is organized into four areas: Desktop Collaboration services, Office365 Services, Directory, Security & Developer Workplace Services and Support Services. In this role you will be working with other directory specialists within the DevOps squad " Directory Services " within the Area Directory, Security & Developer Workplace Services. You work according to Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum).
- Together with the other squad members you are going to define and execute stories on supporting our customers (business application owners and IT custodian) in their migrations.
- Sharing knowledge on possible migration approaches with our customers.
- Directly supporting customers in deciding their migration options.
- Coordinate or take part of the implementation of generic solutions for smoother or faster migration options.
- Educating DevOps teams on implementation specifics, if needed.
- Contact and support framework owners to implement migration support in their frameworks.
- You work closely together with our suppliers regarding the support needed from them for migrations.
- You aid in identifying, qualifying and reducing the risks in your services and focus on improving our IT security controls.
Knowledge and experience:
- You have knowledge in the field application integration with authentication and authorization products such as Active Directory, LDAP Directory, Azure AD, and ADFS.
- You have profound experience in the application development and solution implementation of services within a complex and international organization.
- You have sufficient knowledge of IT risk to identify, qualify and reduce the various risks in the services to ensure that the organization can keep a firm grip on the risks and thus prevent or limit any damage to the company
Behaviours and competencies
- You have at least completed a technical Bachelors degree, preferably with an IT background
- You are inquisitive, a driven person with excellent analytical skills and an excellent social and communication skills in English (Dutch is a preference).
- You are able to transfer your expertise in IT solutions to customers.
- You are curious and seek for renovations and innovations in your area of interest.
- You focus on teamwork.