SAS DevOps Engineer (Viya)Rotterdam
For our client in Rotterdam we are looking for SAS DevOps Engineers (Viya).
Who are you?
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical skills. You are ambitious with what you and your team want to achieve. You have very good social and communication skills. You feel a personal responsibility for the quality of your application and its reliability, and you work together with your colleagues across your domain. You recognise problems and come up with structural solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of the MPS Systems workstream and in that role you will be responsible for the role out of new tooling and automation of the release management process and its associated artefacts and interfaces.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Deploying and running a SAS Viya Production system, and provide day to day Level 2 support for your Application and underlying infrastructure.
- Understanding any expected changes in behaviour after a specific Release, and taking appropriate action if actual behaviour is not in line with what was expected.
- Specifying, testing and executing deployment and roll-back scripts.
- Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring using appropriate Event Alerts.
- Understanding the detailed technical behaviour of your system under normal and peak loads.
- Specifying, creating, and executing the Performance and Operational Acceptance Tests including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests, with the support of the Dev Engineer.
- Understanding the behaviour of your Application in failure scenarios, and driving improvements in line with our Reliability objectives.
- Understanding and monitoring the entire technology stack your Application is running on.
- Ensuring your team and your Application fully support our implementation of the Service Transition and Service Operations ITIL processes including Operational Risk Control (OCD).
- Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn.
- You love to deep dive technology, searching for root causes of issues and incidents and to resolve them.
- Hands-on experience on SAS Viya ( > 2 year)
- Knowledge of SAS Viya Model Manager, CAS, MAS, ESP, SPRE
- Knowledge of SAS Administration (Environment Manager)
- Knowledge of LINUX (RHEL).
- Knowledge of banking is a preference.
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle) and data warehousing with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations .
- Knowledge of SAS ETL (SAS DI studio), SAS Management Console and SAS datasets.
- Experience (3- 5 years) with integrating commercial off-the-shelf applications within complex domains.
- Experience with scripting languages and automation of manual activities (testing, deployment)
- Experience with monitoring end/or debugging and/or performance tuning of applications.
- Good knowledge of implementation of security measures (knowledge of our IT Minimum standards and controls (ITRMP))
- Knowledge of SAS architecture is a preference
- Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours.
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.