Senior (Dev) Engineer (Oracle/PL/SQL/Linux)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a senior (Dev) Engineer (Oracle/PL/SQL/Linux) to technically keep the existing IT/applications of the client healthy. Also maintaining and documenting security control measures are part of the role.
The Dev Engineer will be working together with peer-Dev engineers in the BusDevOps team; together they are responsible to maintain the applications and IT components within the GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance chapter)
Your BusDevOps team is end-responsible for keeping your IT environment up and running and healthy, in a broad sense. It is a stable team and the team members are relatively experienced. The IT environment consists of Linux, Oracle databases, MS Windows Server, SQL Server, applications, middleware, and infra.
Your team is a BusDevOps team, it has a balance of experts in Business Analysis, Development, and OPS. The team works according to Agile scrum, which means that work is sliced in stories and planned via sprints, and as a team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning. Together with your team, you are responsible for supporting a stable, standardized and consistent IT environment and keep necessary documentation up to date. And together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal: support the end users by providing the IT solutions they need.
- Responsible for availability, performance, security, and lifecycle management of the applications, Linux, Databases, MS Windows Server, SQL Server, Citrix, middleware, and infra;
- Take proactive action in investigating Security requirements. Define necessary work to be done, and carry out (also documentation);
- Carry out upgrades and clean installs, remove redundant databases, carry out patching, analyse capacity issues, structure processes e.g. using version control, run scripts;
- Take a lead role in the migration of whole platform with all its components into the ING Private Cloud (IPC);
- Responsible for managing and carrying out all deployments on the Production and Acceptance environments;
- Align with ING Infra and ING Private Cloud departments where needed, e.g. about keeping Service-Now and CMDB in line with infra changes, patches, memory/CPU allocation, backup and restore, disaster recovery testing, security event monitoring;
- Coordinate user management of the applications;
- Coordinate and carry out standard IT security test procedures driven by regulatory requirements.
Excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn.
You have excellent knowledge of and at least 5 years experience with databases, including experience with data models of Data Staging Environments and Data Warehouses.
- You are capable to learn and oversee an entire Data Warehouse. You are capable to re-design the data model of the current DWH, to efficiently support current reporting;
- You have excellent PL/SQL coding skills. In PL/SQL you are able to develop new ETL procedures, and fine-tune existing PL/SQL code for efficiency and maintenance reasons;
- You have excellent scripting skills, with multiple years of experience in i.e. Powershell or Bash;
- You are capable to build Data Marts, to enable the building of interactive/BI reporting instead of our current static reports). Also you are capable to develop efficient and maintainable SQL queries;
- You like to deep-dive technology, to search for root causes of issues and incidents, and to resolve them;
- Dealing with applications, Oracle and SQL Server databases, Linux, MS Windows Server, middleware, and infra;
- Educated and capable to understand elaborate English security policy documents;
- Able to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and/but deliver results;
- Team player;
- Strong "business sense": you have strong analytical skills and are willing to learn and understand business requests. Doing so, you develop new insights and drive towards actionable results;
- You communicate and align with a wide array of global stakeholders in a natural way. You are able to peel down technical problems, and explain root causes and work-around instructions to the business. You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- In exceptional occasions if the team request you to, you are willing to work or be stand-by outside business hours;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- Understanding of, or at least interested in the following:
- Deployment processes in CDaaS and cloud environments;
- IT Security;
- An Agile/Scrum way of working.