CTO / Tech Lead (design/development)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a CTO / Tech Lead (design/development).
Can you build a technical structure focussed on scalability and rapid growth? Are you able to transform a functional design into a technical design and build a financial market infrastructure platform with your team? And are you interested in being part of the innovation revolution and contribute to the platform strategy?
The team & project
Our team builds a digital platform to enable banks to efficiently distribute infrastructure loans to institutional investors and non-bank financial investors. Our platform connects to the existing financial market infrastructure providers that are currently building digital securities networks where bank loans will be administrated on distributed ledgers, opening up new distribution channels and multilateral trading.
You will be part of Labs Amsterdam and working in an international and dynamic environment. The customer requirements drive the innovation methodology process (PACE) and you will align with internal sponsors and external partners to validate the vision and build the platform. You will be part of a growing team of 5 people with various value adding backgrounds and focus (Initiative, Commercial, Pilots, Technical). The team will grow as the project requires.
As a CTO / Tech Lead you will focus on the technical proposition and set the stage for the technical development of the product. You will propose the technical development strategy by showing the pros and cons of certain choices in architecture and development. to deliver value to the project. This role requires a true all-rounder, as the core responsibilities for the team will be running the infrastructure, writing backend code/scripts, and guide the team in the best in class UX/UI experience for our institutional clients. Additionally you will be responsible for conversing with the technical teams at our international financial market infrastructure partners, making sure that our software infrastructure satisfies safety and reliability requirements, and performing technical due diligence to ensure that we will be able to integrate their functionalities with our platform.
You are an experienced software engineer able to build a technical structure focussed on scalability and rapid growth and you are able to transform an idea into technical reality.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Agile way of working
- Customer centric & platform thinking
- Energetic, positive mind set, the brainpower to handle complexity and a can-do mentality
- Taking ownership and make it happen
- 10+ years software development experience and a proven track record in translating functional designs into technical designs
- Experience building data heavy B2B platform applications and/or data rooms within the financial services industry
- Ability to envision the best in class UX/UI interface for institutional investors
- Experience in software architecture, design, (Web) development, security, testing and system integration
- Up-to-date knowledge / understanding of DLT technologies like Corda
- Experience with 3rd party REST APIs integration and system integration
- Experience with at least one OO programming language on the JVM stack, such as Java and at least one functional programming language
- Well educated, ideally BSc with excellent academic results in the field Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Information Management
- Fluent in English (and/or Dutch) - written and verbal