Senior Java DeveloperLeeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a Java Development Engineer Document Management and Content Services
IT DevOps Engineer
For our Document Management teams we are looking for a creative, passionate Java engineer. The Document Management department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all applications with regard to document composition, digital communication, print management, scanning, data capture and archiving. We are working with state of the art software packages.
As part of a development team you will have a crucial role in managing high volume communication for the customers. You will be responsible for developing and supporting applications/tools for the business partners with 7*24 availability. You will contribute to the team’s strategy of rolling upgrades and maintaining performance, availability, monitoring, security and Continuous Delivery pipeline. Together with other Ops and Dev Engineers in your team you will work according to the Scrum methodology.
As an IT Dev Engineer at Document Management you and 8 other enthusiastic professional colleagues will work together in a DevOps team in Leeuwarden (The Netherlands). Delivering a generic service, it’s important that you are proactive and be focused on delivering a continuously improvement of the domestic Dutch Customer Experience. You have a broad IT Knowledge and based on your expertise and experience you are able to give significant contribution in making the right design choices and coaching the team to perform at a high level. To sharpen your IT Knowledge you are also part of an very active Java Chapter. Within this chapter you can learn from colleague engineers, coach other and together explore new technologies.
Technical Role Requirements
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical IT study
Knowledge of and experience with:
- Proficient Java engineer;
- Broad experience with frameworks, like Apache Kafka, Spring, Spring Webflux and Springboot;
- Affinity with Document Management environments;
- Working according to the Agile/Scrum method as well as with the DevOps method and ITIL.
- Redhat Linux;
- Continuous Delivery tooling: Ansible, Jenkins, GIT (knowledge of Azure Devops is pre);
- Also, you are fluent in English (both spoken and in writing).
Competencies – Mind set & Behavior
In this function the customer needs should always be taken in consideration. Awareness of the fact that your team is part of a chain of parties that only as a whole can deliver value to our customer.
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility
- Analytic with translation to action plans
- Knowledge of developments in the market IT, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Stands for quality
- Stands for Sprint commitment
- Drive to innovate
- Willing to work in standby shifts outside regular office hours.
- Able to communicate in an open way, giving feedback and helping your colleagues to improve in both technical and personal perspective.
The primary location for your activities is Leeuwarden.