IT Product Owner (Java)Leeuwarden/Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam/Leeuwarden we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Product Owner with IT Engineer skills (Java).
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Product Owner with IT engineer skills who gets her/his energy from setting strategic direction together with key stakeholders, break down the work in predictable and prioritized epics, align these epics between all parties in the process chain, in order help the customer base that is facing financial difficulties.
Location: Amsterdam/Leeuwarden, office (2-3 days a week) and 50% HO
The product owner is responsible for the creation and prioritization of the backlog and the roadmap of the squad. It is key that the development and execution of the roadmap is aligned with several stakeholders within and outside the Tribe Collections, in order to ensure that the delivery is in line with expectations. Moreover, with your experience, you are able to develop a vision on the products and services that your squad is responsible for. Aside of the product ownership role, you are working alongside the team realizing the deliverables by creating a product vision that is future proof (feature engineering / application architectural skills).
Our clients goal is to enable people to “do their thing” and empower them to stay a step ahead in life and business. We are one of the largest banks in Europe and we continuously evolve to become one of the most innovative companies in the banking sector. Also in the Tribe Collections, we are continuously pushing to stay ahead of competition and help our customers even better. Collections is there to support and deal with all private and smaller business banking clients in the Netherlands that are unable and/or unwilling to meet their payment obligations for secured and/or unsecured products. We make the difference by being the customers partner in times of financial difficulty, offering personalized solutions at the right moment, and are in continuous movement to improve our offerings to the customer and get a better response. For example, we just added a new customer journey in the App, we added a call bot in the communication sequence, and we are testing with other means, in order to provide better/more effective solutions for the customer base.
The squad, of which you will become the product owner, plays an important role in the IT processes within the Collections Tribe. Eris is responsible for the application that ensures that the dataflow of customers and products are collected, enriched, and fed into the workflowtool. Moreover, the squad developed an application that supports the workflowtool in sending all means of communication to the customer (mail/email/call-bot/dialer/App/text).
You will be working closely with the 9 other enthusiastic product owners within collections, with which you are responsible in creating, driving and executing the strategy going forward.
The squad is working from Leeuwarden, and there is the opportunity to work from home up to a certain extend (if the work allows it).
You are an experienced engineer (6+ years of experienced) with a wide knowledge in the IT environment, and a relevant HBO (WO) background. You are familiar with batch processes, RESTful API’s, messaging (kafka/JMS) en databases. Besides that, you are capable of building the product vision, and transform that into a roadmap aligned with all stakeholders involved, taking into account all the necessary work to allow for a flawless operation of the application. You take initiative, are a good communicator, are able to operate on your own, but sees the value of good collaboration and alignment with key stakeholders, in order to realize the dreams of Collections together.
You are experienced in;
- The role of Product Owner
- Creation and prioritization of backlogs (divided into predictable epics)
- Setting out the vision for the squad, and guard the priorities
- Alignment with key stakeholders and taking into account the dependencies in the process chain
- 6+ years of experience within the IT domain
- Understanding of batch processes
- Experienced in developing Java
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s
- Knowledge of messaging (Kafka, JMS, Tibco)
- Experienced with met Agile /Scrum
- Understanding the (IT) banking organization and Collections is a pré
Do you recognize yourself in the following;
- You are the key person to talk to for stakeholders within the IT domain, and from the business
- You are and independent self-starter
- You get things done
- You are able to have a good oversight of the situation and options to choose from, also during stressful situations
- You are able to set out a vision, and act upon it in delivery
- You are a good communicator, presenter and pitcher of ideas of the squad
- You are flexible in style
- You are a real team player
- You are able to motivate others