Sr. Java/Scala Dev Engineer (API)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Sr. Java/Scala Dev Engineer (API).
We are looking for an experienced Scala/Java Dev Engineer who will further improve our digital channels, and make our customer experience a fantastic voyage. We look for someone with modern-day essential engineering skills like innovation, creativity, attention to detail, communication, and much more. Our Customer Data area is currently developing scalable, resilient, real-time processes. We are situated right in the heart of our customer's activities, our APIs are the technical backbones for these multichannel apps which are used by customers in both Netherlands and Belgium.
What you'll do:
- You will work on the Customer Data API’s which are in the center of all customer interactions.
- You work in an international environment in our multidisciplinary squads
- Together with business colleagues, product owners you build our next-generation banking applications.
- You are responsible, adaptable, and take ownership of your work
- You are open, honest, communicate clearly, and most importantly be eager to learn and proactively improve, yourself and the ecosystem around you
How to succeed:
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development (5 + years), preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- Strong skills in Java / Scala development and experience in design and development of complex, secure, and high-performance applications..
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools, and pipelines. We work with Java (8+), Scala (2.12), SBT, Azure DevOps, Git, Ansible and soon migrating to OpenShift private cloud environments
- You have in-depth knowledge of APIs, microservices-, web-design architecture. Knowledge of Finagle is a plus
- Real-world OO & FP design experience and knowledge of design patterns
- Affinity with Kubernetes, Docker, and how to securely expose rest services from an environment.
- Eager to learn new stuff and experiment
- Great analytical skills and conceptual/architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back by holding presentations, workshops, documentation, and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum.