IT Project Manager (roadmaps)Amsterdam
The feature engineer is a key player in the cooperation between IT and Business stakeholders. You drive to make complex changes happen within and across Tribes. Your holistic view as well as your knowledge of both Business and IT are crucial in the translation of business requirments in a sequence that delivers customer value as early as possible. You define and align the roadmaps between squads – from same or different Tribes – and other parts of the organization and thoroughly manage dependencies.
The IT Area primarily focuses on the application domains (external fraud) prevention and detection, identity and access management (login & authentication). Both internally, for our employee applications, and for customers who access our products and services via mobile and internet.
Your key responsibilities:
In addition to the more generic responsibilities mentioned below, you will be responsible for representing the area within the program (target processes for business customers), handling the commitments and alignment of the roadmaps. Next to that to handle the alignment with Architecture on the needed target functionality for Fraud. Further, to set up a roadmap to move away from current internet subscriptions. Finally to be the SPoC for Fraud test environments, both internally to ensure availability and support enhancements and 'externally' for the E2E test processes running on daily basis.
Ensure delivery (planning, reporting, co-ordination, dependencies management).
• From a strategic business & IT context you deliver more detailed implementation roadmaps. You can slice and refine these roadmaps until the level of concrete user stories. You manage the size and complexity of features and stories during refinement and planning. During execution you ensure reporting and follow-up. You create transparency in the forecasted roadmap of the IT-delivery.
• You identify and manage risks and potential issues and offer improvements across teams
• Together with relevant stakeholders (Infra, Architects, Epic Owners, Product Owners), you manage the priority of features with a strong MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset. You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation. You clarify the definition of done together with the product owner(s).
Breakdown business requirements into features and user stories
• You develop features and user stories in an interative way, aligned with the delivery heartbeat of the squads within your domain.
• You are able to translate new product and service needs into required IT solutions and IT infrastructure (analyses and designs). These are essential in understanding the dependencies between the various applications, domains and squads in detail. You are able to grasp business opportunities from new technology solutions. You think and act globally.
• You follow the market and know what is going on both inside and outside the organization. You have and maintain knowledge of the current state and future state implementations and can define the steps towards the target landscape.
Making things happen by collaboration
• You are comfortable with collaboration and reaching out across Tribes and functional borders and serve as liaison when needed. You easily connect and align stakeholders within all levels of the organization, from IT Lead to IT and Infra engineer and from Tribe Lead to internal user, all with the customer journey in mind.
• You are able to implement changes in an end-to-end context covering all functional and non-functional aspects in close collaboration with multiple teams, including IT infrastructure dependencies. Therefore you demonstrate understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape
In close collaboration with architects and infra engineers you make architectural concepts and designs actionable. You guide and challenge IT engineers when making implementation choices.
We look for:
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be succesful and a knack for always being a step ahead. it other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
• Problem solving skills to find creative ways of driving progress and removing impediments
• A master degree in IT (Engineering) or equal by experience
• Minimal 5 Years of experience in IT as an (agile) project manager in a complex and challenging IT environment
• Relevant experience with IT road mapping, end-to-end testing, implementations and migrations
• Experience with agile way of working
• A teamplayer with a 'make it happen' mentality, eager to learn and ability to coach others
• Good communication skills (in English), strong communication and presentation skills (telling – selling) across different skill and seniority levels