DevOps Oracle Engineer DBAAS/ExadataAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a DevOps Oracle Engineer DBaas (Exadata).
Anyone interested in digital (banking) understands why the company is transforming and working hard towards an IT company having its own unique Top Engineering culture. And of course, we are not a FinTech start-up and we don’t have the image of a social media dominator like Facebook and we’re not an awesome state of the art car producer like Tesla. But we are working hard to stay ahead in being a financial innovator offering the best possible solutions and services to millions of appreciated clients all over the globe. And therefor we are looking for a great DevOps Oracle Engineer who tells us what we should do better and how to keep offering the best services to both our business and private customers.
DBaas is one of the main environments contributing to the Think Forward Strategy. It’s the first step toward helping the company produce the same products and services throughout the entire world. The DBaas is set up to simplify and streamline current processes, first by simplifying the infrastructure landscape through standardization.
You will part of a team that creates high-quality DataBase as a Service (DBAAS) Cloud Services for our consumers worldwide. You will be creating services from an end to end perspective, and your specialty lies on design, develop & test DBaaS. The services will be used in a large corporate environment where focus is on user experience, quality of build and security. You will be part of a team where operations and development are equally important, and you will be playing an important role to keep the balance between these two. You will be actively driving the quality of the delivery of services, and taking every opportunity to automate and eliminate manual labor.
- 5+ years of Experience in as a DevOps Oracle Engineer;
- Well versed in GIT/GITLAB and CD/CI tools and pipeline.
- Good knowledge of ExaData
- Proven Linux RHEL experience
- Scripting experience with e.g Python
- Exposure of Virtualization / Cloud platforms such as Azure
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools like Ansible.
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Strong Team Player and Experience in working with teams in and across sites.
Your education and background
- At least Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Technology
- Expert in a DBaas environment
- Experience with working in high performing Agile IT teams Track
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more technologies requested
- Good understanding of Dutch and English