Java Kafka EngineerAmsterdam
For our client in the Amsterdam region, we are looking for a senior Java-Kafka engineer.
Data is becoming more important every day. Your contribution to the Strategic Data Integration will be critical to realize our ambitioned Lending data platform, with high quality and timely data availability, moving from batch to real-time. This way enabling excellent data consumption possibilities to meet our ever-increasing client- and regulatory demands on data.
We need your help in designing and building this new exchange and building bridges towards other teams in order to realize end-to-end delivery. We value Agile, self-organization and craftsmanship. We are driven professionals who enjoy shaping the future of this place.
Needed skills & experience
We are looking for someone with an easy-to-work-with, mature and no-nonsense mentality. Someone who is an open and honest communicator, who values working as part of a team, who is willing and able to coach or train other developers.
Someone who is passionate about realizing that most data processing is done in a streaming fashion, not scared off by complex data, and enjoy developing complex components in Java.
On the more technical side you must have relevant experience in data engineering and especially experience in the following fields:
1. Kafka Streaming API.
2. Kafka, Schema Registry and Kafka Connect, using the Confluent framework.
3. Java 8 or higher backend development.
4. CI / CD tooling: Azure DevOps, Maven, CheckMarx, Git, Ansible.
5. Running and managing a Kafka cluster and related components.
6. Linux (bash) scripting capabilities.
7. Data Integration techniques.
8. Oracle SQL 12c or higher.
9. Agile / Scrum.
Next to these must haves, we appreciate you to have knowledge of the following:
1. Database Change Data Capture.
2. Logging and monitoring with Grafana, Elastic, Kibana, Prometheus or Logstash.
3. Data modelling.
4. Oracle Data Integrator 12c.
5. Track record in building larger corporate systems.
What we offer to you
· Work on something that has great significance to the way we conduct our business.
Being part of an enthusiastic team shaping the future way of development