Java Backend EngineerAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Java Backend Engineer.
Why IT Products Area:
• One of the Leading IT Areas with exciting and visionary products
• Believes in Pioneering Missions just like The Mars Mission
• Heading towards Global IT Platform
• Focusing on Best Engineering Practices
• Monthly Tech session and Demos within Products Area
Why Payments (Business domain):
• One of the Most Prominent Tribes within Products Area with 750000+ active customers in NL only
• Internet & Mobile Application using Latest Architectural Trends
• Provides environment which Inspires Engineers to Innovate
• Agile way of working to Empower Engineers to achieve set goals
• Regular Tech-Sessions and Demos to share and enhance technical/ leadership skills
• Each squad works for a Specific Business Domain
• Each squad is responsible for Maintaining Specific Microservices related to that domain
• Each squad consists of Dev-Ops Engineers, Customer Journey Experts (CJE) and Product Owner (PO)
• User Experience (UX) Engineers are across squads
Business value to bring as an Engineer:
• Some of APIs are consumed worldwide by other branches
• Part of Complete Digitalisation Journey for products
• Cross functional teams with end-to-end responsibility
• Opportunity to take ownership and grow as lead/architect
• Working with high-load apps with +100 RPS
Few exciting things for engineers to look forward to in Payments Area:
• Easy and fast developer onboarding experience
• Microservices approach to architecture
• Java 8, although some teams use Kotlin
• Latest stacks like Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Elastic Search, Prometheus, Kafka, Swagger etc.
• Azure DevOps for CI/ CD
• In progress with migrating OpenShift cloud
• Industry Best Practices are followed for programming – automate all things, code reviews, etc.
• Cutting edge frontend stack – Web Components and Google’s lit-element
• Well Balanced Diverse Teams with engineers from 15+ Nationalities
• Opportunity to Showcase New or Exciting Technical Skill to other IT engineers and IT management via regularly scheduled Mastery Days
• Developers will be working with Java/Spring applications.
• Most of the code is Java 8. Using SQL with Oracle.
• Good knowledge of test frameworks such as JUnit is a must. Asure DevOps deployments.
• Kibana and Prometheus for monitoring.
There are two projects running:
- First big part of the job is related to migration from previous version of technical connectivity setup to a new one. Modern version called TPA including service Discovery and global platform for connecting APIs.
- The second part is about migrating apps from running on separate server instances to a global cloud environment. That involves working with Azure DevOps deployments.
In Q4 new project is planned to start - a next version of the payment processing application that involves a lot of new functionality and also integration work with variety of consumers.
Some level of our front-end experience is nice addition because there are also certain front-end portfolio: modern web components (lit-element/Polymer) app and AngularJs app that needs to be migrated.