Cobol Developer (Microfocus, Wintel, TWS/d).Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Cobol Dev engineer (microfocus, Wintel, TWS/d). If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live in an agile environment, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus
• Development of software in cooperation with other (Development and Operations) engineers
• Implementing the necessary steps to deliver the code to production (build, test, implementation).
• Always work safe and compliant, be risk aware
Your work environment
Within department we have several focus areas: front office development with Pega-Java and back office development with Cobol/PL1. You will be part of one of the back office teams, delivering IT solutions and services for the department. The teams operate according to a DevOps Agile development process. Intensive collaboration with business, other DevOps teams and infrastructure teams is day to day business. The focus is on high-quality secure-critical software delivered in time. The key development technology used is Microfocus, Wintel and SQL server.
Profile (skills & competences)
• Experience with agile / scrum / devops
• Experienced with windows and - applications
• At least 5 years of experience with Cobol, preferably Microfocus Cobol
• Knowledge of windows server 2012 or 2016
• Good social and communication skills
• You are familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, TFS, Azure
• Experience with schedulars like UAC or TWS/d
• Experience with at least one modern scripting language, preferably Powershell or Ansible
• Experience with at least one modern serialization language, like JSON or YAML
• mindset for improving our development process
• Ability to motivate people
• Takes responsibility within and outside own focus area
• Eager to learn new technology
• Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours
• Dutch and English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
• Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn