Ops engineer (MS SQL server, Powershell, Microfocus)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for an Ops engineer (MS SQL server, Powershell, Microfocus)
The senior level OPS IT engineer is to strengthen its operations team. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live in an agile environment, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus:
• Maintaining a stable and secure Microfocus environment, and improve the continuous integration/continuous deployment
• Preparation for and migration to IPC for Microfocus stack
• Preparation for and migration to an active/active configuration of Microfocus stack
• Improving stability, performance and reliability of the applications.
• Life cycle management and maintenance of the platform.
• Provide 1rst and 2nd line support to ensure stability and continuity of the department.
• Managing the Operational Control Dashboard of the applications.
• Deployment of software solutions in cooperation with Development engineers
In addition to managing software solutions, you will contribute to:
• Streamlining the end to end IT operation process of rehosting team.
• Optimization of the service stability and continuity.
• Advice and contribute to life cycle management activities
Your work environment:
You will work in the IT organization of Fulfilment.
You will be part of one of the Product Engines teams, delivering IT solutions and services for the department. The teams operate according to a DevOps Agile development process. Intensive collaboration with business, other DevOps teams and infrastructure teams is day to day business. The focus is on high-quality secure-critical software delivered in time. The key development technology used is Microfocus/Wintel and SQL server.
• You love to deep dive technology, searching for root causes of issues and incidents.
• Experience with monitoring end/or debugging and/or performance tuning of applications.
• Regular patching on servers, solve vulnerability issues
• Good knowledge of implementation of security measures
• Good knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MS SQL Server) with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations.
• Good knowledge of Windows Server with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations.
• Preferably knowledge of MQ/MQ Server
• Good knowledge of scripting language, like Powershell
• Technical experience with Microsoft Azure platform
• Able to learn fast any new technology
• Keep security and risk documentation up-to-date
• Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours.
• English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
• Knowledge of cloud solutions is a preference
• Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn.