Site & Reliability Engineer (SRE, Security, Azure, Docker)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Site & Reliability Engineer (SRE, Security, Azure, Docker).
Our goal is to re-invent the way software is developed for financial institutions focusing on quality, speed, and efficiency. We are building a toolset that digitize and automate the end-to-end software development process, from requirements engineering to software deployment.
As it is common in startup culture, there is a completely flat organizational structure. We take end-to-end responsibility of our products and execute in an iterative way towards our goal! The team faces various and often unique technical challenges which, according to our engineers' own words, are both stimulating and satisfying once resolved. We strive to provide an open work atmosphere so that our team members are given maximum freedom to explore, propose and employ the best ideas, methodologies, and cutting-edge technology that's best suited for each task.
We also do our best to make the working environment as enjoyable as possible. Remote working, flexible hours are certainly allowed. Also, there is place for fun activities which are organized both online and offline (once the pandemic is over).
Our work environment
We are a small but highly motivated international team with a complete set of functional and technical expertise to build and run our end-to-end solution. We cover all the phases of the software development process: analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, operations, security, and maintenance.
The Security & SRE team is at the core of a full stack team of engineers, designers and domain experts. We all work together to bring our toolchain to the next level. To succeed you must be open, flexible, and self-started, with a “take it on and make it happen” mentality.
As a Security and Reliability Engineer you are responsible to architect, develop and maintain secure, scalable, and high-available systems. You will be the gate keeper of reliability and security of the next generation of software running at the heart of financial institutions.
- For you, cybersecurity is important as everything you do. Vulnerability Management, Security Architecture Design, Threat Modeling are a big plus.
- Have 5+ years of production hands-on.
- Have an academic degree in computer science or other engineering studies.
- Have experience in cloud native applications in major cloud providers. We are using Azure.
- Have experience in containers orchestration. We are using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Have strong experience in the operation of mission critical HA distributed software systems
- Have good communication skills and abstract thinking skills.
- Have experience with IAM and cloud access policies.
- Have experience with CI/CD. We use Azure DevOps.
- You automate and document all the work you do. Terraform is a big plus.
- Have a strong drive to bring this initiative to the next level!