Solutions Architect (web-based solutions)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Solutions Architect (web-based solutions)
We are looking for a Solution Architect (Feature Engineer) to join our team. Topics the Feature engineer will work on are very diverse and range from digital propositions (designing micro-service enterprise architecture), customer onboarding, KYC and products. The Feature engineer will work closely together with the consuming countries, our delivery teams and other relevant parties.
Roles and responsibilities
As a feature engineer /Solution Architect you work closely together with the domain/enterprise architect, IT Area Lead and the Product owner to:
- Contribute to the TECH strategy & vision within the customer domain
- Support the IT architects in the creation and review of the design decisions
- Manage cross-squad dependencies to ensure an end-to-end delivery.
- Manage the delivery roadmaps, together with the ITAL: define, plan, follow-up (cross-squad with a time-horizon of 3-6 months).
- Translate the functional and non-functional requirements into Feature blueprints considering the Architecture design decisions, making the features “ready for implementation” and breakdown into user stories
- Support and guide the delivery teams to deliver the right solution on time and on target.
- Strong engineering background with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in developing complex web-based solutions.
- Experience with designing micro-service enterprise architecture (API design)
- Good understanding of web security principles and practices
- Expertise in the banking domain, strong understanding of concepts such as access management, permissions, mandates, party agreements.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to learn new technical concepts fast.
- Proven ability to bring out the best in people and drive the team forward
- Ability to constantly balance the pressure of commercial targets of the teams you oversee and the quality of software they deliver.
- Experience in translating target architecture into a practical delivery roadmap focussing on customer value first
- Know how to provide software as a service and make it an awesome experience (both from end-user as developer perspective)
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum / DevOps methodologies
- Feature refinement; Combines the business and IT knowledge to slice Epics into Features. Has the end-to-end view and sees the impact and identify needs and dependencies across Tribes or domains. Coaches on accurate Feature definition, estimation and creation of functional roadmaps
- Knowledge of IT landscape and technologies; Has profound knowledge of multiple (new) technologies and a holistic view on the IT landscape. Is an outside-in thinker. Oversees technical impact of a chosen solution.
- Facilitate Features delivery; Creates the sequence in which order to deliver Features for complex Epics. Supports squards during Feature delivery, guides squads to manage dependencies and helps to solve impediments. Has the end-to-end view on integration and realization of the work (across Tribes).
- Aligning stakeholders (Business and IT); Aligns with the different stakeholders across Tribes and functional borders and serves as liaison when needed. Supports the Road manager and the Tribe Lead/Central product owner with functional and technical knowledge.
- Teamwork; Takes decisions on work assignments and provides input in the evaluation of team members. Accountable for decisions made. Has a clear view of team priorities.
- Market focus; Combines market knowledge in order to formulate the right approach and follows progression in own technical discipline. Stays informed on market developments and innovation.
- Empathy with the company/Understanding the company culture; Understands the political landscape (internal trends & dynamics, internal influencers) and informal hierarchy within the company. Is recognized as an example of the company's culture, represents the company in events.
- Last but not least, hard-working, down-to-earth mentality. When a feature is broken with customer impact, you and your team will fix it: here and now.