Oracle Developer (Linux, PL/SQL, CD/CI, Azure, UAC, Python)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a proficient Oracle Developer (Linux, PL/SQL, CD/CI, Azure, UAC, Python)
For our client, we are looking for a skilled Oracle / Linux Developer having experience in Oracle PL/SQL development, file interfacing, Linux scripting, scheduling and familiar with data warehousing and CD/CI.
Our client’s Global Processing Center (GPC) is processing data every night. This time-critical processing is based on several applications using Oracle technology (Oracle 19, PL/SQL, APEX 19) on RHEL servers. CI/CD is based upon Azure DevOps, GIT and Ansible. All batches are scheduled via UAC.
As member of the GPC you will be working in a complex file portal, which is receiving and sending every night thousands of files to and from GPC applications. This environment is migrating this year to a private cloud architecture, resulting in additional challenges to make sure that processing can happen every day of the year. Next to interface configuration, also design, testing, risk controls and automation based on Azure DevOps are important topics.
Your responsibilities are:
• Align with Finance business analysts regarding requirements.
• Design, Develop and test code.
• Document relevant information.
• Support Ops engineers in case of issues and root cause analysis.
Your BusDevOps team
At our client IT is core business, and they are leading in an agile way of working, using scrum and squads according to the Spotify model. Squads consist of Business Analysts, Dev engineers and Ops engineers. With your squad you continuously improve and collaborate.
Squads are multi-cultural where members from Indian partners are working from an offshore location.
You will be working in Hybrid Mode, with on average 2 days in office in Amsterdam and remaining days from home.
You are a team player with following soft skills:
• You have an IT related bachelor’s degree.
• You have good communication (English) and collaboration skills.
• You are proactive and you enjoy helping your colleagues to improve themselves.
• You are eager to improve both yourself and your solutions all the time and explore new technologies and options for automation.
• You consider tie pressure and complexity as a challenge
And relevant experience regarding the following skills:
• You have at least five years of Oracle experience, preferably in a data warehouse context.
• You have at least three years of experience with Linux platforms and scripting.
• You have at least two years of experience with Scheduling tooling like UAC.
• You have at least two years of extensive experience in one of the following skills
o Experience with file interfacing (our client uses sftp and XFB) or MQ.
o Experience with Python development, and TDD/BDD concepts
o Experience with Oracle Designer