Senior Java Developer (Kafka, SQL, Spring Boot)Leeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden, we are looking for a Senior Java Developer
Within our clients Touchpoint Architecture, OnePAM is the Global Customer Data Management solution for storing and accessing customer data. It’s our global target system for everything related to customer data. We are developing high-speed, high-volume solutions that must be available 24/7. This is the place where you will make an impact on our clients strategy, serving both retail, business, and wholesale client segments.
As a senior java engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary and international agile team that is responsible for developing, maintaining, and operating the systems it builds. You will be involved in the whole development lifecycle, from refining user stories until monitoring software in production (DevOps).
Our way of working and stack
We work with a shared codebase and have an inner source model that allows for code contributions from other parts of the organisation. We have Spring Boot API’s, and our data is stored in Cassandra, Elastic Search, Neo4J and MDM (third party application from IBM). Our code has a hexagonal architecture, and we follow the best practices of domain driven design. We have a BizDevOps way of working (inspired by Spotify) and organize ourselves for fast flow using Team Topologies.
Our stream-aligned teams
We currently have a vacancy in one of our stream-aligned teams. Our stream-aligned teams are focused on delivery of business value. Here your focus will be in refining user stories together with your business colleagues inside and outside your team followed by implementing these features in code and making sure they run smoothly in production. To make sure our implementations work as expected we work with BDD.
As a Dev Engineer, we expect you to
• Have experience in a (Dutch) corporate and/or financial agile environment (DevOps, Scrum)
• Have a learning attitude that allows you to master new technologies and programming languages fast
• Be able to challenge the status quo and offer improvements that lead to higher quality/ease of use/maintainability/etc.
• Design reusable code components and libraries that can be leveraged by multiple projects
• Be able to coach less experienced team members
• Be part of our on-call schedule for support outside office hours (one week every 1-2 months).
• Java (8, 11) and Spring Boot (API)
• Software best practices (e.g. TDD, BDD, DDD, clean code)
• Running software in production (incident resolution, monitoring, etc)
Nice to have
• Akka Streams
• (No-Sql) databases (e.g. Oracle, DB2, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)