We are looking for a Java Developer to join our client’s multidisciplinary GRDM BusinessDevOps squad, with end-to-end responsibility for our client’s Global Reference Data Management solution.
The purpose of the GRDM platform is to ensure consistent adoption of reference data across the organization by establishing and maintaining a trusted source of record for reference data.
It is an important component in various business processes, from data management to payment flows, storing and distributing both organization-wide and local reference data.
It provides a web-based solution for managing and accessing the information, along with file-based distributions and API-based retrieval of reference data.
What you’ll do
• You build, enhance and maintain their Java based Web application and API, tooling and scripts.
• You understand the goal of their business and collaborate with your colleagues to find the most relevant solution for the customer’s needs.
• You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work
• You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is, and remain, under control.
• You are involved in the monitoring and support processes for their application and in resolving incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineers.
• Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
• You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback, sharing knowledge and best practices and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
• You participate in the stand-by / on-call duty.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Java 8 and 11, Spring (Boot) Framework, Hibernate, API design and development for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS) and Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS).
• 7-8 years of proven experience developing monolithic applications with a large and complex codebase.
• Experience with Dojo framework is a plus.
• Extensive experience in Testing: Performance testing (JMeter), End-to-end testing, Test automation (Cucumber, Selenium).
• Very good knowledge of CI/CD concepts and tools such as GitLab, Ansible and Azure DevOps Services.
• Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL.
• Experience with Monitoring tools like Prometheus or ELK.
• You are familiar with Linux operations and have automation skills.
• You are curious and a quick learner and have a positive can-do mindset.
• You have a deep understanding of the engineering patterns and you are focused on delivering high quality code.
• You are a team player and you like to share knowledge and ideas with your colleagues.
• You are Proficient in English.